Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Tristar Consumer Group
Posted by Elanda Aaron-Ross of SC on 11/8/18 5:44pm Msg #600132
Hello, I was twice scammed by this company; aka Bruyette & Associates, ARCO, Notary Dept, and Tristar Consumer Group. My unfortunate dealings with them began in December 2017, when I accepted a consumer debt resolution signing from them. After arriving at the consumer's home and presenting them with the company's presentation, they declined to go further. I was promised full payment and asked to send over my invoice. Needlessly to say, after weeks of trying to get compensated, I finally called it a wash and a lesson learned. Little did I know at the time that these crooks use aliases. Fast forward to this year, last month- I received a call from a Lizette asking me if I would be available to assist with a debt consolidation. Last year they used the name Bruyette & Associates, this time it was Notary Dept.
While going over the document, I noticed the name Bruyette & Associates and realized that this was the same company that scammed me in December 2017. I called the client and informed him that I would not be able to keep our scheduled appointment and told him that another notary would be perhaps contacting him. That was Friday evening; October 12th, our appointment was scheduled for Saturday October 13th. On Monday, October 15th, I received a call from Lizette asking how my appointment went, and could I please email her the documents that I received from the client. I informed Lizette that I did not complete the assignment because I was worked for them before and was never paid. She acted very confused and said that she was sure that this was not her company. She then asked if I could send her the information, so she could review it and make sure it was them who did not pay me. After sending her the correspondences from last year, invoices and my numerous request for payment, she was SO apologetic and told me that she had sent everything over to her boss for review but, could I please just complete this assignment for them. Next, I received a call from Patrick who, also apologized and assured me that If I completed this assignment for them that he would make sure that both of my payments would be in my PayPal account at the end of the week. Needlessly to say, I am still waiting on both payments, in addition to $6,75 which I used of my own money to send them the documents I collected from their client.
Yesterday, I sent off a collection letter and cc’d Bruyette & Associates, Jason Bruno and Notary Dept., today, I received an email from them saying they mailed my payment on November 1st they had the nerve to ask me to let them know when I received it. I asked them to provide me with the address in which the payment was mailed; no response. After challenging them throughout the day, I received another email stating that “payment was deposited into my PayPal account; please advise.” Of course, there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in my PayPal account!
My daughter, also a notary and signing agent, got a call from them at the end of last month October. She did a job for them and for some unknown reason, they paid her the next week. My Theory is: they use notaries, either pay them or burn them, and after those resources are depleted, they start over; under a new name, and use new notaries who are not familiar with them and their tactics.
I am 100% on board for any type of legal action that we can take to stop these criminals. They are the worst and will continue to prey on notaries using various aliases until someone stops them.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Tristar Consumer Group - Harold Baker on 11/7/18 9:02pm
 Re: Tristar Consumer Group - Luckydog on 11/8/18 9:08am
 Re: Tristar Consumer Group - Elanda Aaron-Ross on 11/8/18 5:44pm
 Re: Tristar Consumer Group - Luckydog on 11/8/18 7:29pm
 Re: Tristar Consumer Group/Bruyette & Associates - Cheryl/SC on 11/9/18 12:19pm
 Re: Tristar Consumer Group/Bruyette & Associates - Cheryl/SC on 11/9/18 12:21pm
 Re: Tristar Consumer Group/Bruyette & Associates - Cheryl/SC on 11/9/18 12:34pm
 Re: Tristar Consumer Group -  MJW/MS on 11/9/18 4:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.