Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/17/19 3:54pm Msg #607538
This is another issue that may vary from state to state. CA (which may be the basis for some of what is in the RULONA) requires that CWs swear or affirm to specific facts after they themselves provide valid ID, and that they sign the notary's journal. I've converted those facts into the form that I have them sign. It seems that most CA notaries don't have CWs sign anything but their journal, which is probably perfectly legal.

I respectfully disagree with Jerry Lucas. Personally, I keep the forms I have CWs sign in a file folder in my own records. (It's locked up with my old notary journals.) Since it's a form that I created and I'm not an attorney, I'm not comfortable providing it to anyone else, nor would I consider it part of a loan package, if that was what was being signed, for the same reason. Also, for the reason you stated, I want to have the back up documentation, just in case any issues later arose. I can't imagine the signer would care, in all but the most unusual circumstances, and I'll bet they'd be unlikely to keep it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What to do with credible witness oath after signing? -  VT_Syrup on 6/17/19 3:31pm
 Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing? -  JanetK_CA on 6/17/19 3:54pm
 Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing? -  VT_Syrup on 6/17/19 4:29pm
 Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing? - rengel/CA on 6/17/19 4:30pm
 Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing? -  VT_Syrup on 6/17/19 4:44pm
 Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing? -  JanetK_CA on 6/17/19 5:18pm
 Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing? -  VT_Syrup on 6/17/19 5:37pm
 Thankfully Florida provides us with an oath and - Linda_H/FL on 6/18/19 7:25am
 Re: What to do with credible witness oath after signing? - VT_Syrup on 11/1/22 12:07pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.