Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/15/03 3:15pm Msg #127
I often read about SA's not getting paid for their hard earned work. In all the years I've been doing this, even before the age of Signing Agents, I've never been stiffed. I relentlessly pursue deadbeat Signing Services, mortgage companies, or direct subprime lenders, any one who intentionally or unintentionally overlooks my invoices for signing fees.

Here is my standard HALL OF SHAME letter to the California Secretary of State. Usually by faxing to the SS or whoever contracted my services, I get IMMEDIATE response, before it is sent to the Secretary of State. Also in California the Department of Corporations governs Escrow/Title Companies.

Here's my collection tool.

To: California Secretary of State Fax: 916-653-9580
Re: Complaint – Possible Fraud Pages: 2
CC: State of California Banking Commission.
Owner, LOSER Loan Docs Inc.
Escrow Officer New AmericanFinancial
Escrow Officer, ABC Title
Escrow Officer, Amerin Mortgage Company
¨ Urgent Response Requested

To Whom It May Concern:
The purpose of this fax is to bring to your attention a potential fraud perpetuated against me by a loan signing service based out of Bakersfield, California.

As a Notary Public/Certified Loan Signing Agent in the State of California, I was contacted by ______________ @ LOSER Loan Docs, Inc., (Address, City State and Zip and Telephone/Fax Numbers in February 2003 to complete three re-finance loan signings with ABC Title (EO Name) , Pleasanton, CA, American Mortgage Company (EO Name), Oxnard, CA; and New American Finance Newport Real Estate (EO Name), Newport Beach, CA.

The fee to be paid to me for these services was a total of $275.00 (breakdown below).

Lender Borrower File No Fee Due Date Signed
American 8495 125 19-Feb
ABC Title 8398 75 8-Feb
New American Fin 8342 75 9-Feb

I completed the work as agreed. The signings were completed and based on the signing the loans funded, which I have confirmed with all lenders. It is my understanding that according to federal and state laws, the funds and disbursement of fees scheduled for disbursement must be paid.

To date, after numerous phone calls, and faxes, I have not been paid by LOSER LOAN DOC SERVICE, although LOSER has been paid by the lenders, according to the escrow officers from each of these title companies/lender

I know you are not a collection agency. The purpose of this fax is to satisfy the question raised in my mind after reading numerous messages on a Notary Public message board about LOSER Loan Docs Inc. contracting Notaries Public throughout CA to complete refinance loan document signings and not making payment of fees to their notaries. It would appear to me to minimally be a violation of banking/notary public law within the state they conduct business, a violation of banking law to the title/escrow company which hired them if there were no intention of paying the fee while charging the borrower for the fee. Additionally, there is a possibility of violation of federal laws regarding the interstate use of phones/faxes to contract banking business.

I will, in fact, be turning over to Dun & Bradstreet Small Business Solutions the matter of collection. It is my hope that your agency will check out the legitimacy of this company, and if they are in fact perpetuating any kind of fraud on Notaries Public, and/or borrowers, in the charging of fees without intention of paying fees, that you will take the appropriate action. Meanwhile, I have already begun my own collection efforts through the Santa Barbara County Small Claims Court to collect these sums.

My contact numbers are XXXXXXXXXXX(cell) XXXXXXXXX (off) e-mail: WINNINGAGENT@xxx.com. I am best conveniently reached by cell phone.

Thank you.

Cordially,
SA, California Notary Commission XXXXXXX
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/15/03 3:15pm
 Re: Signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent - hicat on 10/17/03 7:27am
 Re: Re: Signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/17/03 9:33am
 Re: Re: Signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent - Anonymous on 7/23/04 2:12pm
 Re: Re: Signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent - CA_Notary on 7/23/04 2:37pm
 Re: Re: Signing Companies who do not pay the notary/signing agent - Hilltwink on 12/30/04 12:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.