Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Other Notary Work
Posted by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez of LA on 10/19/03 12:32amMsg #135
In reply to your question... I'm not sure where you're from, but I registered as a premier notary on notaryrotary.com. This afforded me access to countless signing companies and their web addresses. I then signed up with the companies that did not charge me a fee, faxed over my information and within about a week, I started getting business. I was also contacted by a title company who has chosen not to go through a notary network and have decided to find their notaries on their own. They found me on this site for free, and within one week, I've done two signings for them, which ultimately paid for my year membership with NotaryRotary. Next, I created a web site on Bell South for free under their personal web page site. Then I obtained a domain name through Cleverdot.com and linked it to my URL through Bell South, thus saving me many $'s in web hosting. I paid $15.54 for two years. Now, anyone searching for a notary in my area, whether it be a title company, lender, etc., they will find me. I'm finding that some companies just don't want to go through a fee-paid notary network to locate a notary. They've become wise to the fact there are free notary searches, like through this site. Also, if you create a web-site and link 123notary.com to your web-site, they will list you for free. I was listed within 24 hours on their web-site. You can also, receive a free e-mail address through notarypublic.com. All of this, I learned by just searching the internet. The opportunities are endless and for those who are knowledgeable and know this industry, you can profit considerably. I have found; however, that if you are not, services will not hire you once they determine that you do not know what you are doing. Unlike what some may think, not just any notary can do this. It's not just a matter or notarizing documents... you need to be able to answer questions, make the borrowers feel comfortable, and facilitate the transaction. Too many times, I have gone to signings where one of the borrowers will state, "well, my mother is a notary... but I don't think she would be able to do what you are doing"... and they're right. To be successful, you must know this industry... learn... read.... search... do what you can to learn this industry before you become a signing agent. Once you learn, the customers will feel confident in your services and hire you again and again. I will tell you, I spent 18 years in the escrow and title industry as an Escrow Officer and Escrow Branch Manager... I've dealt with the long hours, the sacrifices, the stress, and the headaches... and I have to tell you, when I switched to just taking the signings, and being my own boss and not being under the corporate thumb... I LOVE IT!!! I hope this helps in marketing your services. In answer to your other question, I specialize in document signings and don't usually perform other notarial services.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Other Notary Work - Anonymous on 10/16/03 7:06pm
 Re: Other Notary Work - Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 10/19/03 12:32am
 Re: Re: Other Notary Work - Anonymous on 10/19/03 9:14am
 Re: Other Notary Work - Frances on 12/31/04 2:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.