Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Easy to Find Stolen Images
Posted by  BrendaTx of TX on 3/1/15 9:07pm Msg #525654
Some years back one of the regular posters (can't remember who) posted that he/she was being sued for a thousand or more dollars for using a photo on he/her website that she'd gotten legitimately. That really stuck with me!

Today, I visited the website of one of my favorite bloggers and I wondered how this person could afford to buy all of the awesome photos on his/her website. I dunno, maybe he/she did...but I right clicked on it and Chrome said, "Do you want to search for this photo on Google?" Bingo...in seconds the hits were there. the picture I searched for was on the websites of several travel agents and no others. I don't think it's in the public domain.

The point is, when using Chrome, you can search easily for copies of your images (or someone else's) across the 'net and Google finds 'em.

Be careful out there....OH, and I searched for my own photo and found it all over the place! Scared to look for any more of them.

P.S. I accidentally posted this first in Leisure. I think it's DW-worthy though.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Easy to Find Stolen Images -  BrendaTx on 3/1/15 9:07pm
 Re: Easy to Find Stolen Images - MikeC/TX on 3/1/15 11:09pm
 Re: Easy to Find Stolen Images -  Doris_CO on 3/1/15 11:26pm
 Yes, Brenda, that was me. I understand others got -  MW/VA on 3/2/15 7:49am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.