Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Mortgage Modification Hall of Shame
Posted by  NVLSlady/VA of VA on 9/27/16 3:07pm Msg #561802
Posting here due to one "indisputable" finding of the case involving these "legal" scammers was:
- Some attorney signatures were used on documents without their authorization (in attempt to make service look legal)

Thought this was noteworthy in view of the recent discussion of signing notarized docs in advance. I want to make it clear that to my knowledge my commissioning State makes no comment on whether a document can/should be signed "for clerical purposes" beforehand; their concept of what we do is en masse. That said . . .

NO NEED for policing of any kind on this (recommendations are not Regulations); however, I conclude that in the minds of <some> signers, a document may not seem "legal" or duly ratified (lol) if they don't witness it sealed/validated by the Notary signing BEFORE THEM!*

*As for my reviewing all notarial elements In Their Presence, they need never know I do a Final check when I leave!

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/09/ftc-action-court-orders-ban-mortgage-relief-scammers-mortgage
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Mortgage Modification Hall of Shame -  NVLSlady/VA on 9/27/16 3:07pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.