Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: watching the doppler radar and things are more intense
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 2/17/17 4:34pm Msg #570245
I heard on the radio yesterday that Santa Barbara is the "bulls eye" for this storm, so be careful out there! The most intense cell has the possibility of 1" of rain in an hour. My weather app says it's due to hit here in about 30 minutes, then continue with steady rain until after midnight. (They've already called a flash flood watch.)

I've turned down several appointments for today, hoping I don't get anything that sounds just too good to pass up. Nearly all the calls I got seemed to want to meet right in the worst of this storm, so no thanks. This is one of the big reasons I'm in this business working for myself - so I can say NO whenever I want!

Winds have really picked up here and it's like dusk outside. There's an enormous row of trees that divide my condo from the two next door which I'm watching dance furiously. They're usually a very nice privacy screen, since they haven't been trimmed in a couple of years, but I hope they stay put!

I just re-read this and I confess we're a bunch of wusses here... I can't imagine dealing with snow and ice! I also admit that this should all probably be in Leisure, but it seems to fit this thread, so sorry everyone!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Should be an interesting day...wet, windy and wild -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/17 8:57am
 Re: Should be an interesting day...wet, windy and wild - grapebed on 2/17/17 10:13am
 Re: Should be an interesting day...wet, windy and wild -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/17 10:18am
 Had the day off and now I have one commerical fire drill - ananotary on 2/17/17 10:29am
 had one last night - notarydi/CA on 2/17/17 12:41pm
 drive safe everyone! n/m - notarydi/CA on 2/17/17 12:43pm
 watching the doppler radar and things are more intense -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/17 12:50pm
 Re: watching the doppler radar and things are more intense - SteveS/CA on 2/17/17 2:01pm
 Re: watching the doppler radar and things are more intense -  JanetK_CA on 2/17/17 4:34pm
 Re: watching the doppler radar and things are more intense - SteveS/CA on 2/17/17 6:54pm
 Re: watching the doppler radar and things are more intense -  Joan Bergstrom on 2/18/17 1:09am
 Re: Should be an interesting day...wet, windy and wild - jude/CA on 2/17/17 2:10pm
 Stay safe everyone! Threats of mudslides in some areas. n/m -  MW/VA on 2/17/17 2:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.