Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I just don't understand
Posted by  MonicaFL of FL on 3/26/17 8:17am Msg #572656
(sorry, I hit the wrong button before)
Anyway, how companies who charge $300-500 to title companies can expect to get a professional notary to take an assignment for $75.00. Here is the TRUE case - because its mine -
I am refinancing my mortgage to a fixed rate because when my ARM goes up in November it will be at least at the same amount as the fixed I was offered. So, I told them that I had a notary that I would like to handle the closing (she and I often partner - when one can't take an assignment we tell the scheduler to call the other one). I gave them her name and phone number. Now, this is a VA loan and we all know how big they are getting - they called her and then she called me and said, I can't do this - they offered me $75.00 and want 50 (yes, FIFTY) pages faxed back. I got the scheduler's name and called her and asked her how in the world can they offer someone $75.00 and with 50 pages faxed back. She said that what my person wanted was too much. (She asked for $125.00 - which I told her to say that BEFORE I knew they were going to ask for 50 pages to be faxed back). I told the scheduler well, you go ahead and see if you can get someone to do this for $75.00 and if you do, believe me they will be under deep observation when they come and if they make one mistake while I am signing, they are out of here. The Company was Mortgage Connect - I thought first that she said Mortgage Direct, but she corrected me. I just don't understand why these signing services - whose bills we actually pay, must make such a huge profit and expect the notary, (who without us, there wouldn't be any signing services because everyone would still have to go to a title company to get the loan closed), to not make a profit. Now, the real kicker is this, the signing service is OWNED by the title company. It is going to be interesting at the very least.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I just don't understand -  MonicaFL on 3/26/17 8:17am
 Re: I just don - LKT/CA on 3/26/17 8:29am
 I would've insisted that they assign your friend the closing -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 3/26/17 6:12pm
 Re: I just don - Luckydog on 3/26/17 8:47am
 It's your own refi, so I suggest you call your LO & tell -  MW/VA on 3/26/17 9:19am
 Re: It -  MonicaFL on 3/26/17 10:00am
 Your Choice or Package Deal - BobbiCT on 3/26/17 10:55am
 Are they truly paying all the fees, including "prepaids"? -  MW/VA on 3/26/17 2:12pm
 Re: It -  Yoli/CA on 3/26/17 5:09pm
 I'd be on the phone to my LO and insist on this fee -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/26/17 9:23am
 I blocked Mortgage Connect's calls, long ago. n/m -  Jack/AL on 3/26/17 10:07am
 Mortgage Connect has been around since 2008 at least -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/26/17 10:42am
 Mortgage Connect -  Yoli/CA on 3/26/17 12:43pm
 So true, Yoli. Your business/your fee is the ONLY way! n/m - Lee/AR on 3/26/17 1:18pm
 Monica, I would have done as many noted-POC & selected a NSA n/m -  Christine/OK on 3/27/17 6:49am
 I hope you update us on the outcome. ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 3/27/17 9:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.