Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Exactly! Thank you, Marilynn!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/9/17 5:29pm Msg #573402
So nice to see a grown-up response here. Smile

One more thought... It may be technically true that someone who responds in kind to a provocation from a "bully" may not fit the definition (as quoted above) of a bully themselves. However, when responses directly address the person doing the bullying, those comments are neither mature nor helpful, especially when they also become offensive and insulting. It accomplishes nothing except escalating the conflict and lowering oneself to their level. As we've seen, the exchange becomes something more like what we'd expect to hear on a playground from children. And it takes two to tango - if nasty comments get ignored, there's nothing to respond to and the conflict ends.

IMO, the mature behavior is to first just "walk away". Then take a long, hard look at what's being said, read between the lines to see if there's any value or truth hidden among all the nastiness, There often is some kernel there, but most people tend to immediately dismiss mean remarks as baseless. (Of course, sometimes they are.) But the person who can learn and grow from someone else's negative comments is likely to earn respect from others. Responding with more attacks, however, nearly always lowers one's esteem among their peers (i.e. observers/readers) to the level of the "bully".

OK, off my soapbox... Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Recap on being a NotRot bully...justice served! -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/8/17 4:56pm
 You seem to be the bully! - Jules on 4/9/17 10:54am
 Re: Recap on being a NotRot bully...justice served! - LKT/CA on 4/9/17 11:05am
 Agree. Discretion is the better part of valor. -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/9/17 1:01pm
 And so it goes. On and on. n/m - Belinda/CA on 4/9/17 1:03pm
 Handful of bullies on this forum. Not 1 or 2. - Belinda/CA on 4/9/17 1:02pm
 Re: Handful of bullies on this forum. Not 1 or 2. - grapebed on 4/9/17 9:15pm
 Re: Recap on being a NotRot bully...justice served! - Luckydog on 4/9/17 2:58pm
 IMO it is not "justice" just because you win an argument -  MW/VA on 4/9/17 2:59pm
 Exactly! Thank you, Marilynn! -  JanetK_CA on 4/9/17 5:29pm
 Her post had to be reported and as a result, her reply was -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/10/17 7:25am
 It's got to be tough going through life..... - loancloser46 on 4/10/17 7:43am
 I think I can manage... ;) n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/10/17 7:58am
 IMO when we pay for membership at NR we are paying for -  MW/VA on 4/10/17 8:24am
 Looking at the membership page, paying members get more -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/10/17 9:00am
 Re: Looking at the membership page, paying members get more -  JanetK_CA on 4/10/17 6:01pm
 Agree....."when you're challenged, to see if you can stay -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/11/17 8:11am
 Re: Looking at the membership page, paying members get more -  JanetK_CA on 4/11/17 8:06pm
 So Glad I Was Out Doing Closings And Missed All Of This! - PegiT_MN on 4/11/17 12:00pm
 Some have that advantage and some don't. Depends on area & $ n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 4/11/17 4:25pm
 Not 21 closings in four days in this area. - Belinda/CA on 4/11/17 7:08pm
 Thank You Belinda - PegiT_MN on 4/11/17 8:18pm
 Re: Thank You Belinda - Belinda/CA on 4/11/17 9:43pm
 I hope it becomes busier for everyone soon. -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/12/17 7:38am
 Re: So Glad I Was Out Doing Closings And Missed All Of This! -  sueharke on 4/12/17 8:50am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.