Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: When acepting signing
Posted by Buddy Young of CA on 4/20/17 12:55am Msg #573933
oops hit enter too soon.

There is one thing that never seems to be mentioned when discussing low ball fees.
All signings are not the same!!!!!!

Newbee's pay attention!!

There are questions that you need to ask when a signing is offered.
What kind of a signing is it?
refi, purchase, sellers docs, HELOC, construction loans, Reverse mortgage, application, is it a VA loan?, One loan? I once did 2 loans for the price of 1. I have never asked for a fee increase and now I don't have too.

What is the distance?
Who's the lender?
Which title company?

Different lenders have different size packages.
Newbee's keep a record of the signings you do. The lender, type of closing, # of pages involved, Fax/scan backs, # of notarizations. Keep records.

After you assemble data, and ask the questions, you will be able to know what to charge for each signing.

there are signings that I will do for less than $100 and there are signings I won't do for $200
Only you can determine what you need to charge.

Yes I got caught doing large signings for too small of a fee, but not any more.

I'm sure there is a lot of stuff I didn't mention, so you experienced Notaries please feel free to add what ever I forgot.

Buddy
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 When acepting signing's n/m - Buddy Young on 4/20/17 12:35am
 Re: When acepting signing - Buddy Young on 4/20/17 12:55am
 Re: When acepting signing -  JanetK_CA on 4/20/17 2:26am
 Other factors -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/20/17 8:12am
 Re: When acepting signing - Laurie Manzanares on 4/20/17 10:56am
 Re: When acepting signing - JkWa on 4/21/17 8:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.