Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Buyers and Sellers' Packages yesterday
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 5/25/17 9:42am Msg #575645
I arrived on time, no answer to the intercom at the gate to this huge estate. So I pull down the driveway and park on the street, call the client. They are on the way, took their son to school and running late.

First signing of the day and the rest of the day, everyone was on time. Finally the last signing, I have never received documents so I end up going home earlier than planned.

I open my file of papers for sellers at the table, and I ask for drivers licenses, Mrs. client brings shortbread and tea to the table. We settle in and I compliment them on their beautiful olive trees in their huge back yard. Mrs. Client volunteers they are selling this huge estate, divorcing and going their separate ways. I took a deep breath, and thought this won't be that much fun. I wondered if the Fitz & Floyd cups and saucers would start flying through the air as the signing progressed, but iti was very calm and friendly. I've never encountered a situation where the couple still liked each other and so cooperative in the sale event. Usually I'm meeting couples in separate locations, separate days, 1:1 because they cant be in the same room together. Mrs. Client gives me a huge hug and hands me a jar of European olives she has harvested and cured from her trees.

But it actually was a very enjoyable signing. They had a line up. I was there at 9 and we used the full hour to open this $10M sale escrow, at 10am the broker showed up to finalize the offer papers, and at 11am the buyers were coming to do their walk through. It was a highly organized event. Sellers didn't have all the information they needed to fill out the tax information about sale gain/loss but they have 70 days to get this back to escrow.

I got to my purchase signing appointment on time at 10:30am,first time home buyers, very excited to be moving into their own home. They just got married, and moving out of a two bedroom/one bath bungalow to a 4 bedroom 3-Bath home with a yard. These are the events that make our work so enjoyable and fulfilling. It's better than the fees we get paid, being witness to people making their lives better, investing in themselves and their children who will inherit the homes they could never afford to buy.

A couple more refis, the borrowers are ecstatic their loan is finally read to be signed and the grueling process is over. They can't thank me enough for being there, traveling to them and getting the packages signed and back to escrow. A relatively smooth day.

Three refis and 3 sellers packages today. This is the last day to sign for month end closings, although I'm hearing more are filing in for investment properties and purchase loans. Looks like I'm working most of the weekend.

Wishing all a successful month end and safety on the roads this Memorial Holiday weekend.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Buyers and Sellers' Packages yesterday -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/25/17 9:42am
 Re: Buyers and Sellers -  Amigoaz on 5/25/17 10:53am
 Re: Buyers and Sellers -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/25/17 11:20am
 I had a realtor - notarydi/CA on 5/26/17 9:54am
 Re: I had a realtor - pdl/cali on 5/26/17 3:20pm
 Re: Buyers and Sellers -  Rose/TX on 5/26/17 3:29pm
 Re: Buyers and Sellers -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/17 8:10am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.