Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I found this on a college website the prerequisite is crazy
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/20/17 1:56pm Msg #577023
As I read it, that's just the prerequisite to taking the class. They're probably very happy to sell the class to anyone who's willing to pay the fee. As we here all know, a person would have to acquire their notary commission before actually taking on any work. We can only hope that would be made clear in this class.

I think we can expect to see more and more of this from different sources, as interest rates rise. We saw this 10 or so years ago. My guess is that as business decreased, many dropped their notary commissions or stopped using it, and others decided that recruiting more people into our ranks was a good way to increase revenue. It also unleashed a mass of people entering our field with different sets of expectations about what was 'normal' in terms of fees, size of packages and scope of work (e.g. faxbacks). Frown I hope I'm wrong about what may be ahead...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I found this on a college website the prerequisite is crazy -  Donna LaBelle on 6/19/17 5:57pm
 Re: I found this on a college website the prerequisite is crazy - Luckydog on 6/19/17 8:12pm
 Re: I found this on a college website the prerequisite is crazy - SteveS/CA on 6/19/17 9:41pm
 Re: I found this on a college website the prerequisite is crazy -  JanetK_CA on 6/20/17 1:56pm
 Thanks, Donna, for sharing. Very interesting. -  Christine/OK on 6/21/17 8:35am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.