Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

We Are All Vulnerable To Predators
Posted by PegiT_MN of MN on 6/25/17 10:19am Msg #577346
Our personal information, including our home addresses, is slathered all over the internet for anyone around the world to see. Unfortunately, financial crime has risen over the years and thieves have become quite savvy in the methods they use to bilk unsuspecting people out of their money. Our notary commissions are unfortunately just one of the many items readily available for them to use. They have also been known to pose as real estate agents, escrow officers, and loan officers. They do anything they can to make their companies look legitimate by registering business names with state officials, designing business cards and letterhead using fake company logos, design elaborate websites with pretty pictures of people, names, phone numbers, and e mail addresses in order to fool people.

While we can't stop these savvy criminals from what they do, we can learn to be aware of what is going on out there and learn to protect ourselves the best we can. I believe we as notaries are the only public servant that is required to list our home address on the internet. That has got to change. First thing tomorrow morning . . . make that Tuesday morning . . . tomorrow is EOM day and I'm totally booked up . . . I am going to call the Minnesota Secretary of State's office and see what I can do to change that. I also plan to write my state representatives and let them know what is happening out there and that this needs to change.

Good luck to all, continued success to everyone, and please stay safe out there.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Falsified Notary Seals is nothing new! Been happening for -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/25/17 8:08am
 We Are All Vulnerable To Predators - PegiT_MN on 6/25/17 10:19am
 We live in very desperate times...surfacely things look very -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/25/17 11:14am
 In my county which is Chicago, Cook, the ccrd has made new -  Cari on 6/25/17 10:27am
 Re: Falsified Notary Seals is nothing new! Been happening for -  Erwin/CA on 6/25/17 11:26am
 Re: Falsified Notary Seals is nothing new! Been happening for -  Cari on 6/25/17 12:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.