Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

National Notary of America aka National Signing Source
Posted by Susan Littlefield of CA on 8/19/17 11:27am Msg #581394
Hi,

I'm new here and busy doing my research before signing up with any signing and notary companies. Yesterday, I saw a job ad on my zip recruiter app for National Notary of America aka National Signing Source (“NSS”) They produced a lengthy pontification with big promises for both trained signing agents and those who want to be trained. Their telephone number is listed five times, and they promise a dedicated team member will be available to assist.

After several calls to a general message with no company name, I finally got ahold of Diana. I started asking questions. To make a long story short, anybody who wants work through their service needs to sign up and pay because they submit their names to all these signing companies, unlike other databases who do nothing. I asked the pricing, etc., and she would not tell me and said she’d have a recruiter get back to me. I told her I wanted the information now, and she said a NSS recruiter was the only one who give that information.

While not revealing all the information right away was a big red flag, there were plenty in their ad. For any company promising to help notaries, these things are always big red flags.

1. Many grammar mistakes (lack of professionalism);
2, They are not a signing service therefore they do not keep any of the agent's signing fees (well, this company has some other motivation then);
3, The demand for signing work is available AND guarantee that quality agents get as much work as they want (Not true. Number of signings is dependent on area, economy, and many other factors).
4. Established notaries can be signing in as little as a week, but it will take longer for those who need training (They don’t tell you where to look for training, which shouts “look no further than here!” Besides this, if you must take their course, how can you sign in as little as a week-unless it’s to sign your name a check to them?);
5. If you are not yet a notary or your commission has expired NSS can help. They have processed thousands of notary applications in every state and can do it quicker than an individual can. (This is doubtful, unless they have an “in” with the Secretary of each State and/or the state entity who processes the applications);
6. They can help you with getting the appropriate background screening (This is generally done by the State entity who issues the license, and you can go through the NNA or other entity);
7. They provide agents with all the tools to stay ahead in their profession (this is vague. What does this even mean?).

As soon as I got off the phone, I blocked their number to ensure that a recruiter. Notaries, beware of big companies like this.

Please feel free to add any red flags for you when looking for ways to get notary work.

Susan Littlefield
NP, CSA
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 National Notary of America aka National Signing Source - Susan Littlefield on 8/19/17 11:27am
 Re: National Notary of America aka National Signing Source - Susan Littlefield on 8/19/17 11:52am
 Re: National Notary of America aka National Signing Source -  Cari on 8/19/17 2:00pm
 Re: National Notary of America aka National Signing Source - Susan Littlefield on 8/19/17 7:36pm
 You were smarter than most... -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 8:45am
 Re: You were smarter than most... - Susan Littlefield on 8/20/17 1:15pm
 Re: You were smarter than most... -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 1:56pm
 Re: You were smarter than most... - Susan Littlefield on 8/20/17 2:59pm
 Re: National Notary of America aka National Signing Source -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 2:54pm
 Re: National Notary of America aka National Signing Source - Susan Littlefield on 8/20/17 2:59pm
 Re: National Notary of America aka National Signing Source - Sabrina Sharp on 11/9/18 9:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.