Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Fees
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/11/17 7:18am Msg #584465
Auradis, I apologize that I could not take your call yesterday. I was standing on my head, signing, printing, driving, and finally got home around 8:30pm. Printing and reviewing now for a very busy day ahead.

Welcome to notary rotary. There is a wealth of information here about fees...do an orange button search on fees, and you'll see. Particularly, our fees have been eroded tremendously especially since 2013.

Fees...it's a large elephant...depends on your experience your location, your connections, and how far you are willing to travel. It's a tough nut to crack if your area is saturated with notaries, especially with those who have been in the business a long time.

Do a lot of research. My fees in my area will be different than those fees being offered in the big cities, where there are more notaries/NSAs.

I know that there are folks out there, other than the XYZ who are touting fees from $75 to $200 per file, and we all know there are $30 to $75 fees being offered more commonly. SDs has done that to our business, and new notaries are churning out there in record numbers all over the country hoping to make a killing in this business. It just isn't that simple, but these companies are making more money on selling their snake oil and leaving their deadbeat signing services in the dust because they are after all 2.5 stars, paying late if at all, and barely eking out a living on the backs of notaries/nsa's and wannabes.

Nope, not sugar coating it. The business is what it is. Refi's are down, purchases and sales are up, along with HELOCS. Read, read, read, and do come back and ask more questions as the occasion arises. There are some really good folks here to help you, and we'll tell you like it is. Put your marketing hat on. You've got your work cut out for you. This is not a hustle type job and requires a lot of hard work to build a business. It takes a lot of perseverance and focus, dedication, roll up your sleeves kind of attitude. You will need to build rapport and credibility with the movers, shakers and doers in this business in your business territory. Be sure to spend a good amount of time building your profile on NR so that people who find you here will know about you and your experience. Include a headshot in your "business" professional attire.

First thing to think about is what is market like in your territory. Are you in a high-growth area?

http://www.dsnews.com/daily-dose/10-10-2017/homebuyers-check-top-5-cities-fastest-income-growth

How is the earning capacity in your area?

https://www.gobankingrates.com/making-money/heres-much-average-american-state/

Wishing you the best in your new field. Let us know how it goes.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fees - Auradis Corey on 10/10/17 2:07pm
 Re: Fees - Lee/AR on 10/10/17 2:24pm
 Re: Fees - Luckydog on 10/10/17 2:47pm
 Re: Fees... "Basic" and "Standard" Loan Signing? Well... - NVLSlady/VA on 10/10/17 2:48pm
 Yes. We can't assume the question was for loan -  MW/VA on 10/10/17 2:50pm
 There are myriad variables, Auradis, depends on the type of -  Christine/OK on 10/10/17 2:50pm
 Yeah, that (lol): Experience and Overhead - NVLSlady/VA on 10/10/17 2:54pm
 Lots of trolls these days! n/m -  MW/VA on 10/10/17 3:25pm
 Yep, all supposed newbies n/m - Luckydog on 10/10/17 6:39pm
 For GNW the states set the maximum fees, and for -  MW/VA on 10/10/17 4:26pm
 Re: Fees -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/11/17 7:18am
 Another troll, don't bother with this. Gets old n/m - Luckydog on 10/11/17 8:59am
 hmmm, person is listed on the numbers site... -  Cari on 10/11/17 10:19am
 Listed here too...but nothing in profile beyond basics n/m - Lee/AR on 10/11/17 10:24am
 Re: hmmm, person is listed on the numbers site... - Luckydog on 10/11/17 1:46pm
 Valid point, Luckydog. Suggestions? Possibly statement such -  Christine/OK on 10/11/17 2:34pm
 Not enough info to jump to conclusions, IMO. -  JanetK_CA on 10/11/17 4:19pm
 Not a troll -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/11/17 5:06pm
 Re: Not a troll - Luckydog on 10/11/17 7:27pm
 Why Would She Come Back? -  PegiT_MN on 10/11/17 7:42pm
 Why did she post? - Luckydog on 10/11/17 8:00pm
 There were numerous helpful&positive responses to your query -  Christine/OK on 10/11/17 8:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.