Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Getting into details: another 'platform' not upfront w/facts
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/17/18 4:13pm Msg #588809
I just took a look at the attachment to the email that included instructions for signing up with them. It appears that this is one more company starting off with a bit of deceptiveness...

First of all, this doesn't appear to be a signing service, but rather another platform similar to SD, although I didn't find any info on how they charge their clients (although I didn't look too hard for that). Further, while their email gets our attention with info on "what we pay", when you read the details, that appears to be a very misleading statement:

"We don’t ask any of our notaries to commit, up front, to fixed
fees for any signing service. Instead, when you receive an
order request from us, that order will specify the type of
signing we need for you to handle (e.g., a buyer’s home
purchase package with one loan) and the amount we can pay.
If the proposed fee works for you, then you can accept the
assignment and we’ll go from there. If the fee is not adequate
(…or if the location of the signing doesn’t work, or if the
proposed schedule doesn’t work) you can simply reject the
assignment and we’ll find an alternate professional for that
transaction."

How's that for spin? So the "what we pay you" examples mean absolutely nothing and are just examples - showing numbers that no notary is likely to ever see there (except for maybe the seller packages...) If you scroll down to where it talks about what happens once you're "approved" (which requires DL number, expiration date and uploaded copy of DL, among other things), it says this:

"Every day, our clients are searching for
professional notaries to handle their
signings. When they have an escrow
package, a loan package or any real estate
transaction that requires professional care
and handling, they open an order with
Point Pacific Signing Services and know
that they’ll be afforded the best service in
the business"

More spin... It goes on to describe how you'll get 'pinged' when they have something in your area. Sound familiar? I guess, though, it'll be good for SD to have some competition. But it also puts another arrow in the heart of companies calling us with assignments. Frown

Based on responses so far, it looks like they're starting out promoting to CA notaries.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Point Pacific Signing Services - FP_CA on 1/17/18 12:52pm
 Re: Point Pacific Signing Services -  Yoli/CA on 1/17/18 1:06pm
 Re: Point Pacific Signing Services -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/17/18 2:49pm
 Re: Point Pacific Signing Services - FP_CA on 1/17/18 2:57pm
 Getting into details: another 'platform' not upfront w/facts -  JanetK_CA on 1/17/18 4:13pm
 Re: Point Pacific Signing Services GBU? no idea -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/17/18 4:20pm
 Interesting. Former investor, Pres Stewart Title of CA, etc -  JanetK_CA on 1/17/18 4:32pm
 Re: Interesting. Former investor, Pres Stewart Title of CA, etc - SteveS/CA on 1/17/18 7:52pm
 Re: Interesting. Former investor, Pres Stewart Title of CA, etc - shooterclay on 1/17/18 9:50pm
 I don't like that they want a DL copy and my insruance info. n/m - ananotary on 1/18/18 10:51am
 Re: I don - Lee Goldenberg on 4/15/18 8:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.