Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Jail assignment last night, last minute
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 2/17/18 8:03am Msg #589993
I was on my way home last night, trafffic was bumper to bumper both ways on the 101. Can't take surface streets more along the foothills cuz the bridges are washed out. I get a call at 7pm to attend a jail signing at 8:30pm. I ask, isn't visiting time over at 8pm? Yes, we're meeting outside of jail to sign a Promissory Note and Trust Deed.

Okay, I'm game. Tons of cameras everywhere. Should be okay. We agree on $100 for my fee. He found me 123.

I'm in and out in 15 minutes. It's the bail bonds person who hired me and paid me in cash. Now that recreational MJ is legal, he's seeing an uptick in biz for buzzed driving. The bondsman found me on 123 and said I was the first one he called and very happy I answered my phone.

All I could think about was getting home in one piece as it is a three-day weekend and everyone and their brother are here for the 80 degree weather, and now I'm wondering how many drivers are driving buzzed. Got home and dropped into the down and slept like a baby.

I made a great contact. He tells me he's busier than a one armed paper hanger...

My phone rang off the hook yesterday...month end will be strong, after two months of pretty erratic biz due to fires, floods and influenza. Light at the end of the tunnel.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Jail assignment last night, last minute -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/18 8:03am
 Re: Jail assignment last night, last minute - ananotary on 2/17/18 1:20pm
 Re: Jail assignment last night, last minute -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/18 2:12pm
 Re: Jail assignment last night, last minute -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/17/18 2:18pm
 A Real Jail Assignment - New Mexico Style -  Scriba/NM on 2/18/18 3:11pm
 Re: A Real Jail Assignment - New Mexico Style -  BrendaTx on 2/19/18 9:51am
 Wow...I can only have my journal, seal and fingerprint kit, -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/19/18 10:06am
 Re: Wow...I can only have my journal, seal and fingerprint kit, - Expeditor on 2/20/18 2:54am
 Re: Jail assignment last night, last minute - JkWa on 2/19/18 3:25pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.