Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

And failure in Indiana! :>(
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/14/18 3:25pm Msg #591132
http://www.housingwire.com/articles/42642-indiana-passes-online-notarization-bill?eid=311698257&bid=2019725.

Sad that almost none of the articles I've read about this topic include any balanced reporting with mention of the risks and downsides of this process. Notarize is still lobbying heavily, but it seems that there aren't any notary organizations in opposition. Where is XYZ on this? (I can guess...) And the above link was a post on FB from the American Association of Notaries, simply announcing that this has been passed in IN, with no further commentary. (They've posted quite a bit with content that just looks like Notarize press releases.)

Is anyone aware of ANY national (or even regional) notary organizations that are doing anything in opposition to this trend? If so, they would be worth supporting more heavily by all of us.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Victory in a Florida! - FlaNotary2 on 3/14/18 1:19pm
 Re: Victory in a Florida! - FGX/NJ on 3/14/18 1:54pm
 This really is a Victory. - Lee/AR on 3/14/18 3:00pm
 I agree. The people who are lobbying/promoting are -  MW/VA on 3/15/18 9:53am
 And failure in Indiana! :>( -  JanetK_CA on 3/14/18 3:25pm
 I wonder if Daniel Lewis & the Indiana Notary Assn... -  Roger_OH on 3/14/18 4:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.