Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: The Loan Signing System Vs. Notary2Pro
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/14/18 10:53pm Msg #591159
Unfortunately, I agree with the others. The current market is very reminiscent of what it was after the 'mortgage meltdown' about 10 years ago. People were dropping out of this business like flies. The biggest difference between now and then is that then, we were in a recession and jobs were very hard to find, even though many of our peers ended up leaving this business to go work for someone else anyway. Today, unemployment is pretty low, so you may well be better off finding work elsewhere. Of course, this all depends on your circumstances and why you've decided to pursue this. Care to enlighten us about the latter?

As for those two training options, I started in this field before most of the training options out there these days, but I'll give it a shot. I've heard mixed reviews about Notary2Pro, but at least they're legit. I would run from The Loan Signing System, though. Do a search here and/or on Google about Mark Wills and you'll get an earful. The last slowdown, there were training programs coming out of the woodwork, many of which are just interested in taking your money, with lots of unsupported promises. So proceed with caution.

One other thing you didn't mention is how long you've been a notary. If you have no experience at that, either, my strong recommendation is to focus on learning your craft first, so that you know the ins and outs of notary work cold before venturing into loan signing. Otherwise, you risk getting eaten alive (figuratively, of course Wink) by clients and/or signers. People will routinely ask you to do things that are illegal or inappropriate and there's potential liability that goes with it.

I had a lovely example just today. I had a purchase signing scheduled for this afternoon, with time to be confirmed within a certain window because I was told yesterday they were "at the hospital" in LA and weren't sure what time they'd be back in OC. That's all I knew. Got a call this morning from the husband telling me what time they wanted to meet. I hadn't been told who the patient was (were they visiting someone or ??), so if it was his wife, I wanted to make sure she was going to be lucid and able to sign. He first avoided my question, then said he'd tell me whatever I needed to hear, (even said "Do you want me to lie to you?"). Obviously, I would be finding out if the spouse was out of it if/when we came face to face anyway, but have found it best to find these things out ahead of time. Before I could explain why this would be an issue, I was abruptly told that they would find another notary and hung up on. So it goes sometimes. Wink

[Found out from my client that the wife had surgery yesterday... BTW, I hope whoever ended up with this signing found him to be in a better mood and that the wife wasn't pumped up with drugs, was competent and able to sit up through the 150+ pages. I think I'm happy to have missed this one...]

Other things we sometimes get asked to do that are flatly illegal are to back-date documents, notarize our own signatures, use social security cards or expired DLs for ID, add our stamp to pages that don't have notary verbiage, or send loose notary certificates not attached to documents. I imagine others here could add to the list. (Most of these examples have been mentioned on this forum just within the past several days.) This is all stuff you should be aware of and know how to handle before stepping into signing loans.

Hope this helps. Whatever you decide, best of luck to you!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 The Loan Signing System Vs. Notary2Pro - Jonnie Colosimo on 3/14/18 4:27pm
 Re: Signing Agent Training - Jules on 3/14/18 7:33pm
 Re: The Loan Signing System Vs. Notary2Pro -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/14/18 9:25pm
 Re: The Loan Signing System Vs. Notary2Pro -  JanetK_CA on 3/14/18 10:53pm
 Jonnie, have a look at this past message -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/15/18 7:22am
 About training - Just go for it. - CW2Ret/VA on 3/15/18 9:35am
 Let's consider an issue that may or may not apply to you - jba/fl on 3/15/18 9:55am
 Excellent points - CW2Ret/VA on 3/15/18 10:58am
 Re: Excellent points -  JanetK_CA on 3/15/18 2:19pm
 Re: About training - Just go for it. - Nari Cho on 11/26/18 1:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.