Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Has anyone else come across this?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/19/18 2:26pm Msg #591319
Haven't received that, but I'm pretty sure I'd be tempted to tell them to go pound sand... [I would never actually do that! Wink]

There is no reason for any company to need your social security number (you should be able to provide an EIN), and I don't really see why any one should need your date of birth, either. The only possible justification I can think of for the latter might be to ensure that the notary is of legal age (which is a stretch, because there are other ways they can infer that fact, imo), but the actual day and month is just more non-public-personal-info circulating, which they don't need.

Are they willing to provide THEIR background check info to you, since you're extending them credit by accepting their assignments? I'm speaking generically here, as I'm not familiar with this company.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Has anyone else come across this? - FeliseSoCal on 3/19/18 2:09pm
 Re: Has anyone else come across this? - Yoli/CA on 3/19/18 2:18pm
 Thanks Yoli... - FeliseSoCal on 3/19/18 2:25pm
 Re: Has anyone else come across this? -  JanetK_CA on 3/19/18 2:26pm
 Re: Has anyone else come across this? - Calnotary on 3/19/18 3:51pm
 Re: Has anyone else come across this? - jojo_MN on 3/19/18 4:10pm
 Their arrogance and sense of entitlement are astonishing - BearPaw/CO on 3/19/18 7:13pm
 BGS to SS..... -  Pamela/CA on 3/19/18 9:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.