Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Good post
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 5/18/18 1:10am Msg #593410
And right on every point. Experience is hard to come by. Realtors and LOs readily talk about who can get the job done. It's just a fact of life. We hate to see the good ones retire or move on.

I don't feel it's the duty of an EO or their assistant to know every nuance of every kind of loan. I gently move them along and explain things if needed. I keep my email correspondence with them as reminders. I dont expect them to remember everthing or treat me special.

I get a kick if we are new to each other and they may be wondering "Who is this guy"? I save it until we get to the UW stage and things get crazy, then I pick up the phone so they can hear the voice behind the emails. That's generally the time when they need my help, if they do, or if I need them to step it up. I don't like to get too friendly before that. If we already know each other, we can talk pets and children upfront then roll up our sleeves.

For SAs: good EOs and their assistants will often show up at real estate association meetings to engage both realtors and LOs. It's the old game if out of sight, out of mind, and it works. Take the time to attend these meetings. You have already found out it's hard to get a card to them in their office. How about over a free cup of Joe? And while you're at it meet some realtors and LOs. Everyone from termite exterminators to sign makers are there. You won't be out of place.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 T/E changes?? - Signerbill on 5/17/18 1:05pm
 What's T/E? n/m - Luckydog on 5/17/18 2:15pm
 New one to me, too. n/m - Lee/AR on 5/17/18 2:36pm
 Title/Escrow - maybe? n/m - Yoli/CA on 5/17/18 2:44pm
 Re: T/E changes?? -  JanetK_CA on 5/17/18 2:50pm
 T/E...a company or generic term for all of 'em - Lee/AR on 5/17/18 3:01pm
 It has got to Title/Escrow. A large local multi-office title - grapebed on 5/17/18 5:41pm
 Re: T/E changes?? - Luckydog on 5/17/18 7:16pm
 Good post - Bear900/CA on 5/18/18 1:10am
 T/E - Yes Title / Escrow n/m - Signerbill on 5/17/18 7:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.