Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

We should call them "Signing Scam"!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/21/18 6:28pm Msg #598754
It sounds to me like this call is SOP for them, based on other posts we've seen with similar comments. In what universe does it make sense for a business to renegotiate AFTER a job is completed? So what if they're not making any money (which I doubt) on that signing? Didn't they know that when they hired the notary? They have the same choices as we all do when deciding whether or not to accept work. If they did a bad job of negotiating with a title/escrow company to get that business in the first place (which may be the only way they could get it), that's their problem.

Like the others said, the smart thing is to not work for them at all. There's a common pattern here with many of these scammers. Virtually everyone who gets taken by these types of tactics (and I'm not just talking about from SC...) justifies accepting the assignment for a variety of reasons. First, it's because they didn't have anything else going on. Then they get paid OK on a few and figure they'll be the exception and won't have any problems. That's when they start playing their games and either want to 'renegotiate' or simply don't get around to writing the checks at all.

I know it's very difficult to say no when the phone isn't ringing, but when we enable this type of company to stay in business, these companies become a parasite on the whole industry. If they can't find anyone to take their work, the title companies will eventually be forced to go with companies that will actually pay fairly and on time.

Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream, but one can hope - and keep trying... Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing Scream - schlub/NC on 9/21/18 12:50pm
 Re: Signing Scream - Clem/CA on 9/21/18 1:15pm
 RFLOL - not at you - BobbiCT on 9/21/18 1:28pm
 Re: RFLOL - not at you - Yoli/CA on 9/21/18 1:59pm
 Re: Signing Scream - BearPaw/CO on 9/21/18 3:58pm
 Re: Signing Scream - schlub/NC on 9/21/18 4:10pm
 For those who are new to the signing biz -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/22/18 9:32am
 "foolishly took an assignment from them." Yes, you did. n/m - Jack/AL on 9/21/18 4:31pm
 We should call them "Signing Scam"! -  JanetK_CA on 9/21/18 6:28pm
 Sorry you got snaked... -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/22/18 7:43am
 Re: Signing Scream - jnew on 9/23/18 10:21am
 Re: Signing Scream - Robin/CA on 9/24/18 12:01pm
 Re: We should be charging late fees...! - Sue on 9/24/18 12:54pm
 Re: We should be charging late fees...! I did it.. - Linda_H/FL on 9/24/18 1:05pm
 Re: We should be charging late fees...! I did it.. - Jayhawk/KS on 9/24/18 6:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.