Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

WordPress Spam and Security
Posted by ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas of CO on 12/17/18 9:58pm Msg #601274
I have strong security and backup on my WordPress site and web hosting provider. I write articles on cybersecurity that have been used by security researchers and mentioned at cybersecurity conferences, technical report libraries and Wired magazine.

A simple way to improve WordPress security is to change the default login page from wp-admin to some random page name that hackers do not know. You can also add two-factor authentication for login.

Disavow is used to inform Google when a spam or bad reputation website links from their website to your website, without your approval, and they refuse or fail to respond to remove the link that may hurt your reputation and search rank.

For incoming blog comment spam, a blogger can filter, block or delete the spam and backlink to remove the connection.

A trick used by some spammers to sneak past security is they first write a good quality blog comment that is approved and whitelisted. Then the trusted, approved spammer returns later and inserts their spam link.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/15/18 1:28am
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/15/18 9:32am
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - MikeC/TX on 12/15/18 3:41pm
 Nice wordplay, MikeC/TX. Made me laugh. n/m - Lee/AR on 12/15/18 5:03pm
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 12:36am
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - MikeC/TX on 12/17/18 5:43pm
 WordPress Spam Blockers - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 8:11pm
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers -  Ernest__CT on 12/17/18 6:17pm
 WordPress Spam and Security - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 9:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.