Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Great overall assessment of our business, IMO!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/9/19 2:18pm Msg #601907
One possible exception for some of us, is GNW. As Lisa said, though, that likely takes years to get established enough to capture a significant volume, and much of it is dribs and drabs, with one signature here and there. But it can add up.

Just a precaution for those of you doing GNW. I came very close to losing a potential assignment this morning because a call came in labeled on my phone as "Scam likely". So I declined it. I can't count how many other times I've done that, but in this case, the person left me a voice message. Turns out it was from someone to whom I was referred. I may have to change my mind about screening those calls (which also seem to catch me at the worst times...)

BTW, I've received several referrals from this hospice social worker and I don't believe we've ever met. If you make an effort to treat everyone right, you never know what might come of it. It's just one signature in this case, which isn't much money - but it's as much as what a few are accepting to do a whole loan signing. I'm not printing anything, no prep in advance, no follow-up. I show up, notarize and get paid.

But surviving - let alone thriving - on GNW is very, very tough without another source of income.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Getting started - Sepideh Yahyavi on 1/8/19 4:53pm
 Read thread below: n/m - Yoli/CA on 1/8/19 4:56pm
 read Cheryl's reply to Jordan Ruelas 2 threads below n/m - Lee/AR on 1/8/19 4:56pm
 Read thread below titled "Notary Limbo" n/m - Yoli/CA on 1/8/19 4:57pm
 When you figure out how to make some $$$, let us all know. n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/8/19 5:15pm
 Your previous message re. prefilling your journal -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/8/19 5:48pm
 It never ceases to amaze me... - FeliseSoCal on 1/8/19 6:27pm
 Re: It never ceases to amaze me... - Luckydog on 1/9/19 5:54pm
 Re: It never ceases to amaze me... -  JanetK_CA on 1/10/19 3:58pm
 It appears those marketing CNSA to the masses are "credible" -  Christine/OK on 1/8/19 6:49pm
 Re: Getting started - Signerbill on 1/9/19 11:18am
 Re: Getting started - Sepideh Yahyavi on 1/9/19 3:28pm
 I think GNW is your best avenue... -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/9/19 5:20pm
 Re: Getting started - Signerbill on 1/10/19 2:15pm
 While gassing up at Costco last night, the guy behind me -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/10/19 3:14pm
 Re: Getting started - LisaKT/CA on 1/9/19 12:26pm
 Re: Getting started - aanotary on 1/9/19 1:00pm
 Great overall assessment of our business, IMO! -  JanetK_CA on 1/9/19 2:18pm
 A follow up on GNW caller... -  JanetK_CA on 1/10/19 4:13pm
 You have just capsulized the sentiment of many professional -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/9/19 2:21pm
 Re: You have just capsulized the sentiment of many professional -  Claudine Osborne on 1/10/19 12:28pm
 Yes it's sad what has happened to this industry... - FeliseSoCal on 1/10/19 3:22pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.