Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Computer crash ...
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 1/31/19 9:47am Msg #602689
I had 2 signings last Saturday. Held off 'til Sunday to update my record-keeping. Didn't get to computer 'til about 1-2 pm on Sunday. WHAT THE HE!!!!! Only getting black screen with 1 line error message. Finally manage to get to diagnostics. Takes over an hour for it to give me error message with number. Research … computer is dead. No bringing it back. CR/\P!!

Luckily, I have backup devices to continue working. Only thing that saved me. What I thought was a backup on data in case of crash is useless. Works great for that original computer but not to import data to a new device. Having to rebuild everything. Oh well, guess I won't be bored for a while. I did manage to get a great price on a refurbished HP laptop with W10 and touchscreen, which I received yesterday. (Having to get used to it; other than my original IBM, had always been a Dell consumer)

Another reason to get reasonable fees. Equipment needs to be maintained and replaced from time to time and we should definitely try to have some type of back up (another computer, a tablet, a smartphone, etc).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Computer crash ... - Yoli/CA on 1/31/19 9:47am
 Re: Computer crash ... - Luckydog on 1/31/19 10:04am
 Two kinds of backups -  VT_Syrup on 1/31/19 10:43am
 Refurbished PCs for Backup - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 1/31/19 3:25pm
 Nooooooooooo!!!_________:(________ -  Christine/OK on 1/31/19 6:20pm
 Re: Computer crash ... - Art_PA on 2/1/19 1:13pm
 Thank you all for your kind words and advice. - Yoli/CA on 2/2/19 1:27pm
 Congrats & hang in there! It will improve w/more work___:)__ n/m -  Christine/OK on 2/2/19 1:31pm
 Re: Computer crash ... - garyw148 on 2/4/19 11:23am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.