Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Did not buy new VT notary stamp here
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 2/14/19 7:44am Msg #603203
I didn't buy my new VT notary stamp here. I called and explained about the new requirements in VT but no one got back to me. In mid-January the website still had no place to put my commission number so I knew if I ordered through the website the stamp wouldn't be right. So I ordered elsewhere.

Now, the "Supplies" area of the website has been updated to enter a commission number. But a county is still required, even though no county is shown on the sample from the Office of Professional Regulation. (Also, counties now have no role at all in commissioning notaries, it's all the Office of Professional Regulation in the SOS office.) The order form also requires a commission expiration date, which is also not shown on the official sample. With the shorter commission period (2 years) some notaries might not want the date on their stamps, since the date could pass before the stamps are any where near wearing out.

Finally, no image of the stamp impression is shown so the notary can't confirm the stamp will look like it should before ordering.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Did not buy new VT notary stamp here -  VT_Syrup on 2/14/19 7:44am
 TYVM for sharing your 1st-hand experience.Helpful info 2know n/m -  Christine/OK on 2/14/19 7:46am
 Weren't u going to have them print Your custom design? n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 2/14/19 7:56am
 Re: Weren-t u going to have them print Your custom design? -  VT_Syrup on 2/14/19 8:36am
 What??? some notaries may not want the date on the stamp??? -  OR on 2/14/19 9:34am
 Re: What??? some notaries may not want the date on the stamp??? -  JanetK_CA on 2/14/19 12:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.