Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Witnessng as a private individual, not a notary
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/2/19 1:01pm Msg #605005
"We can use a cert from another state as long as it is not a Ca property amd contains nothing prohibited by Ca."

Technically, this isn't entirely correct. The CA notary law on this says that we can use an acknowledgment certificate "required" in another state on documents to be filed there, but you're correct about the part that excludes anything prohibited in CA (like certifying capacity). I know this is a detail that's often ignored, but unless I have personal knowledge of the prescribed wording on acknowledgments from other states (if any exists), I always just replace the verbiage.

[And, of course, all jurats completed in CA, regardless of where the property is or where the document will end up, must use the CA verbiage.]
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Witnessng as a private individual, not a notary -  VT_Syrup on 4/2/19 7:57am
 Re: Witnessng as a private individual, not a notary - Clem/CA on 4/2/19 8:15am
 I agree. Overthinking 101. n/m -  MW/VA on 4/2/19 10:00am
 Re: Witnessng as a private individual, not a notary -  JanetK_CA on 4/2/19 1:01pm
 You lost me at "remembering" what was witnessed a week ago. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 4/2/19 10:15am
 Re: Witnessng as a private individual, not a notary - MikeC/TX on 4/2/19 6:24pm
 Witnesses have no responsibilities other than to - FlaNotary2 on 4/2/19 7:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.