Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: How much should the SS keep for their cut
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 4/18/19 9:06am Msg #605483
SS's have the connections, the clients that we do not from all over the country, and have their place in what we do. They have dozens of title companies under their umbrella that call them, not us. They are not cutting in on our price. We have our price already established and if they meet it, we accept. If too low, counter or pass on it. If they pay on time, give you volume, we can make exceptions, but it's on us what we do.

As aggravating as it is seeing that fee on the Alta or CD to the SS, we set our price agreed to what we do long before they contact us. You Know how much you need to make to make a profit and still be in line with everyone else not to over or under price yourself in your area. They are out to make money and pay their bills as well, take on responsibility for us. Personally I want them to make some money because that means they pay on time and well funded to do business, than a SS who has to wait 45 days+ to pay us because they're under funded. Just yesterday I noticed I was making $5.00 less than the SS listed on the ALTA...it's annoying granted BUT I am grateful for the work, they use me ALL THE TIME and have to let it go and not be greedy.

I adore all my SS's, and on a first name basis with them and on the #1 list, which took years of building. There is a mutual respect built over time.
I am sure that there many expenses to running a successful SS as well as headaches and other financial expenditures behind the scenes. It takes years for a SS to gather steam and prove themselves to get more title companies who will use them. That also means they need great, experienced NSA's to make them shine...

Being a profitable NSA in FL is difficult because there are more of us here than any other state and we are always competing for good title companies with volume and SS's that pay well and on time. They can pick and choose who they want, for the best price, the most experienced. We are killing our ownself in this state by the sheer volume of notaries doing closings. My advice is don't get upset by what they make as long as they met your fee, and you need to develop that relationship and hang onto it so they give you repeat business.
Good luck!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How much should the SS keep for their cut -  GQ/Orlando on 4/17/19 8:03pm
 As much as you'll sit still for. Altruistic, they ain't. n/m - Lee/AR on 4/17/19 9:03pm
 whoops... - Lee/AR on 4/17/19 9:08pm
 Re: How much should the SS keep for their cut -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/18/19 7:41am
 Re: How much should the SS keep for their cut - Luckydog on 4/18/19 9:06am
 Re: How much to Lucky, I agree! n/m - HeatherR/CA on 4/18/19 9:27am
 Re: How much should the SS keep for their cut - Carolyn Bodley on 4/18/19 12:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.