Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Cie la vie, adios, arrevederci, ciao! Happy Trails, friend!
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/23/19 4:13pm Msg #605755
I received this note from a colleague here whom I have utmost respect and hold in the highest regard for his knowledge...one more bites the dust, along with Hugh, Joe Ewing, John Tennant, Art Gentry, and many others who have moved on.

Cheryl

We’ve communicated a bit on Notary Rotary over the last 6 to 8 years. Within the most recent few months, I’ve posted about being tired, and soon retired. In less than four months, my commission will expire and not be renewed. You are familiar with the many woes of our profession, so I’ll not waste time on them here. For a long time, signings could be fun, but such is now seldom the case. I’m XX years old and doing my best to enjoy life while I have the mental, physical, and financial ability to do so. So far, in 2019, I’ve been to Maui (for the umpteenth time), Las Vegas, and NC (lto see my five great-grandkids). In May, I’ll take a cruise from Miami and go to the Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Mexico (Mayan Ruins), Kingston, Jamaica, and Havana, Cuba. All this fun stuff is helping me realize that I have no good reason to keep working. I don’t want to continue working and eventually think, “Gee, I wish I’d stopped working long ago.”

I’m finding other ways to use my time and feel good about it. I recently started delivering for Meals On Wheels, two days per week. Last week, I began volunteering in transporting of animals to new temporary or permanent homes. I drove one leg of many required to get these puppies to new homes.

I hope your endeavors to add new streams of income are successful, and that you get a lot of personal satisfaction and dollars from them. I know you are courageous in trying new ways to be productive.

I don’t use Notary Rotary much, and am letting memberships in it and other organizations expire. This may be the last thing you see from me, unless I can’t decline the opportunity to make a smart-ass comment about a post on NR.

All in all, life is good and I intend to make the most of what remains of it. Hoping for the best of all outcomes for you.

For privacy reasons, I have not used the writer's name, but any one from THE GOOD OLE days, can email me and I'm happy to let you know.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Cie la vie, adios, arrevederci, ciao! Happy Trails, friend! -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/23/19 4:13pm
 And, most importantly......... ALOHA y'all! n/m - Jack/AL on 4/23/19 4:52pm
 Smart a$$ comments are entertaining...we welcome Smart ASSES -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/23/19 5:21pm
 Well, he's right about a lot of it! Good 'ol Days are Gone. n/m -  Scriba/NM on 4/23/19 4:54pm
 A good book title...they went thataway... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/23/19 6:04pm
 Congrats to them for handing up the stamp & retiring. Life -  MW/VA on 4/23/19 5:17pm
 Does he want us to throw him a fund raiser? For goodness - grapebed on 4/23/19 9:12pm
 There are some people on this forum who deserve -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/24/19 7:24am
 Re: There are some people on this forum who deserve - Luckydog on 4/24/19 10:52am
 Re: There are some people on this forum who deserve -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/24/19 1:17pm
 Re: There are some people on this forum who deserve - Luckydog on 4/24/19 5:05pm
 Why??--you probably don't know him anyway! ;-( n/m -  MW/VA on 4/24/19 1:46pm
 No worries. I'm OK with it all. Aloha y'all, Jack/AL n/m - Jack/AL on 4/24/19 2:39pm
 Have fun! You deserve it! n/m - Luckydog on 4/24/19 5:06pm
 Aloha, Jack! Happy trails & best of luck in your retirement! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 4/24/19 5:17pm
 Thanks (Mahalo) to all for the good wishes. - Jack/AL on 4/24/19 9:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.