Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a
Posted by  Linda_TN of IN on 8/4/19 2:42pm Msg #609082
I was a little surprised that the details of business casual was mentioned as well. Point 1 to note is this is a criteria of the venue: "Attendees should note that the Business Casual dress code at the John J. Stamler Police Academy is strictly enforced. Jeans and sneakers are not permitted, and men must wear shirts with collars." Point 2 is that unfortunately, not everyone has the same idea of appropriate business casual dress for an off-site business seminar, especially if that seminar might require a one night stay in a hotel to make it for the early morning start time. Some people may see it as a vacation, and forget the reason they are there is for a professional WORK meeting and there is a professional agenda to follow. For some people, vacation means bring out the t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops -- or wear to the seminar what would be super comfortable in the car ride home.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 FYI for NJ notaries - opp for training -  Linda_TN on 8/4/19 5:48am
 Scotch Plain, NJ niche market to only those notary's n/m - Luckydog on 8/4/19 8:30am
 Why do you say that, LD? - Linda_H/FL on 8/4/19 8:36am
 Re: Why do you say that, LD? - Luckydog on 8/4/19 12:52pm
 Re: Scotch Plain, NJ niche market to only those notary -  Linda_TN on 8/4/19 10:00am
 Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a - Linda_H/FL on 8/4/19 11:57am
 Re: Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a - Luckydog on 8/4/19 12:55pm
 Re: Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a -  Linda_TN on 8/4/19 2:42pm
 Re: Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a - SteveS/CA on 8/4/19 2:57pm
 Re: Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a -  VT_Syrup on 8/4/19 4:13pm
 Re: Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a - SteveS/CA on 8/4/19 7:48pm
 Re: Well, the dress code raised my eyebrows a bit (for a -  JanetK_CA on 8/5/19 2:44pm
 Re: Scotch Plain, NJ niche market to only those notary -  Teri_PA on 8/7/19 6:30pm
 I was curious about this too...she said - Linda_H/FL on 8/8/19 10:38am
 For all this is worth... - Luckydog on 8/4/19 4:36pm
 I'm leary of seminars because of XYZ tricks. I attended one -  MW/VA on 8/4/19 5:03pm
 Re: For all this is worth... - SteveS/CA on 8/4/19 7:49pm
 Re: For all this is worth... -  VT_Syrup on 8/5/19 5:49am
 No jeans allowqed .... - BearPaw/CO on 8/5/19 11:33am
 Woops! Allowed, that is (need more coffee ... or less) - BearPaw/CO on 8/5/19 11:39am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.