Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Valid point.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/19/19 5:37pm Msg #612522
Many ss contracts have a non-compete clause that is intended to prohibit the notary from doing business directly with any of their clients. While I believe those are unenforceable (at least here in CA), the sentiment is pretty clear and we should have respect for any company from whom we wish to get additional work. They've invested time, effort and some expense developing their clients, so taking contact info obtained during the conduct of a signing to market to THEIR clients is unethical, imo.

Having said that, I also believe it's unethical to prohibit us from using other means to market our services. Personally, I don't have any system to save contact info obtained from completed assignments and have never used that info to market, out of appreciation for those signing services I've worked for. But as a result, if I've discovered a title company through other sources, e.g. broad Google searches, a drive-by, etc., I'd have no idea whether or not that company does business with a signing service I've worked for... So I'd consider them fair game.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I'm still getting offers from that law firm that replaced me - Connie Thingstad on 11/19/19 8:23am
 Re: I - Luckydog on 11/19/19 10:16am
 Re: I - NK_UT on 11/19/19 11:19am
 Re: I - Lee/AR on 11/19/19 12:18pm
 Re: I - NK_UT on 11/19/19 12:53pm
 I get tired of people devaluing my worth.. - Connie Thingstad on 11/19/19 1:02pm
 Re: I get tired of people devaluing my worth.. - Mobile1/PA on 11/19/19 8:33pm
 You can't just skip over a SS and call escrow/ title - Luckydog on 11/19/19 3:37pm
 Valid point. -  JanetK_CA on 11/19/19 5:37pm
 Re: You can - NK_UT on 11/19/19 9:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.