Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

You have to be a power user to be a notary
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 1/8/20 6:07pm Msg #614424
I want to mention my experience helping some Vermont notaries obtain or renew their commissions for the current term (Feb. 2019 to Feb. 2021).

At least three of the other Justices of the Peace in our town either wanted to become notaries, or wanted to renew their commissions. It's handy for JPs to be notaries, since there are various situations where we need to administer oaths. I've worked with these folks for several years, and we organize a lot of our work through email. We write up reports on property values by bouncing Word documents back and forth. These folks are by no means computer illiterate, but they aren't power users either.

The state's licensing website mystified them. (It's no longer possible to apply with paper.) I've had a professional license in a different field for years, so I was already familiar with the site. I was able to get them through the process pretty quickly.

I think this might be a harbinger of what's to come if companies start demanding RON and won't take documents notarized in person on paper anymore.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 You have to be a power user to be a notary -  VT_Syrup on 1/8/20 6:07pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.