Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: where may i find a power of attorney form I can make for fre
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/19/24 12:47am Msg #648016
I don't mean to be flip, but have you tried a Google search? (Be sure to include the state, as laws vary from place to place.) I'd guess there are templates available for most, if not all, states that can be downloaded and personalized. Sites like Legal Zoom and Trust & Wills might also have something at a low cost.

You probably know all this, but for newer folks reading this, a few more thoughts... Here, I've often seen "California Durable General Power of Attorney" documents that I've been asked to notarize by people who said they found it online. I should add, however, that I have no idea whether or not that's the appropriate version for the specific use the signer intends, because that's above my pay grade (and UPL to even comment on that). That would be my main caution. As I've often told people, whenever possible, I believe it's best to consult with an attorney for this type of thing, especially considering the potential consequences. [Some places have legal aid offices - especially for seniors - that offer help with stuff like this.]

Given what most of us have seen over the years re: POA documents, I recommend doing some research to be sure what you find meets the need, unless you already know. Also, as many of us have learned, if it's for a bank, they often have their own form they want used. (I can't count how many times I've heard from folks that the bank wouldn't accept the one they presented to me for notarization...)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 where may i find a power of attorney form I can make for fre - Jayhawk/KS on 3/18/24 9:06pm
 Re: where may i find a power of attorney form I can make for fre -  JanetK_CA on 3/19/24 12:47am
 Re: where may i find a power of attorney form I can make for fre - Mobile Notary North Idaho - Owner on 3/19/24 8:21am
 Re: where may i find a power of attorney form I can make for fre - Chelsea Hutto on 3/23/24 9:55am
 Re: where may i find a power of attorney form I can make for fre - VT_Syrup on 3/23/24 10:05am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.