Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I think there will be a boom in business.
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/22/24 1:47am Msg #648059
Two main reasons, maybe more.

1. Interest rates are scheduled to go down a couple times this year, hopefully.

2. There's an absolute butt-load of home equity out there. Some people have gained 30-40% equity over the last few years, and it only takes 6% to sell? I think we'll see cooperative compensation coming from the seller easily when they need/want to sell.

Butt...but, because the seller may/will be approached by two different agents, the typical 5-6% combined fee might grow. Sellers can take a 9-10% hit if they have to. Realtors are going to cash in.

In case you're unaware, we're in a recession as of last autumn. Should be feeling this shortly. By June and July commercial real estate will take a huge hit as refi's come due and their rates have doubled.

Jobless statistics are lagging. Covid mortgage deferments are due. Home insurance and HOAs have doubled and more. This spells at least some foreclosures. That will open inventory that most likely will be grabbed up by investors who can afford the rates, pay cash, PLUS pay the seller agent fee.

HELOCs will rise due to personal indebtedness. The big housing picture looks gloomy, but it will continue to churn like a big paddle wheel in deep muddy waters. I would stick around.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Navigating the NAR settlement via Cooperative Compensation - Bear900/CA on 3/21/24 5:29pm
 Low Inventory, High Interest. Now this? A perfect storm! n/m - Lee/AR on 3/21/24 5:39pm
 Sellers will buckle and pay...perhaps sometimes more n/m - Bear900/CA on 3/21/24 5:51pm
 Maybe in some high-value markets, but not nationwide - Lee/AR on 3/22/24 10:57am
 Re: Low Inventory, High Interest. Now this? A perfect storm! - SteveS/CA on 3/21/24 8:22pm
 I think there will be a boom in business. - Bear900/CA on 3/22/24 1:47am
 Re: I think there will be a boom in business. -  Yoli/CA on 3/22/24 10:55am
 Re: I think there will be a boom in business. -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/22/24 11:38am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.