Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Signing Business Slowing
Posted by Oldbie CA of ? on 2/13/05 11:19am Msg #20466
Refinances are slowing down . . . as compared to when the peak of the re-fi boom was happening. If it weren't for HELOC's (which has kept me crazy busy) I would be starving! I have seen refi's pick up in February but by no means could one (in my area) make a living off of this job.

Yes (IMHO), an onslaught of signing agents into the field along with declining refinance applications is making this field one of hobby and not one for full financial support and independence. I have read other notaries statements that they have weathered other storms and this is just another slow time that too will pass, however I must respectfully disagree. Never before has the NNA and others marketed this business to this extent. That massive marketing venture has saturated and continues to saturate this business while at the same time refinances have slowed and we are looking at (more than likely in my opinion) eventual increases in interest rates. And the NNA is NOT slowing down it's marketing campaign while at the same time others jump on the bandwagon to make a buck off the gullible.

I am shocked at the increase alone on these types of board lists. About 2 years ago there were a few notaries in each listed now these same areas are inundated with notaries. Here, gomobilenotary and other listing sites have increased by unbelievable amounts. How can one think (after looking at the notaries listed in their respective areas) that they have a chance to make a living in this field? It is getting worse and worse and in my opinion this field is in jeopardy for those who want, plan or have been making a living at it. JMHO.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing Business Slowing - Northern Cal on 2/12/05 11:40pm
 Re: Signing Business Slowing - fiKS on 2/13/05 12:00am
 Re: Signing Business Slowing - Jan/Ca on 2/13/05 12:26am
 Re: Signing Business Slowing - Northern Cal on 2/13/05 1:50am
 Re: Signing Business Slowing - Oldbie CA on 2/13/05 11:19am
 Re: Signing Business Slowing - Northern Cal on 2/13/05 12:33pm
 I agree n/m - Melody on 2/13/05 8:46pm
 Re: Signing Business Slowing - Lisa on 2/14/05 6:41pm
 Re: Jan, where in No. Cal are you? - Marla_NorCal on 2/13/05 12:32pm
 Re: Jan, where in No. Cal are you? - Northern Cal on 2/13/05 12:37pm
 Re: Signing Business Slowing - Fay, CA on 2/13/05 1:21pm
 If you want to survive, you have to market purchase signings - ItsMe123 on 2/13/05 3:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.