Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Sorry Mike, if someone claims something in posts they should
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 6/22/17 6:09pm Msg #70504
be the ones who actually provide citations for their claims. This isn't a right/left thing with me, I believe everyone should have to provide cites, if not in OP's at least when others ask for them. I've pointed out before that when cites are provided, the discussion can actually be about the same thing/issue/idea, etc. Citations go a long way to support someone's argument, even if it is one that I might not agree with, it makes it easier to begin to start seeing it from the other person's viewpoint and possibly even change other people's opinions.

There was a recent post in which you mentioned a quote from AG Sessions and attributed it to not only one court case but actually said he said the same thing about both of them. In fact, the quote you had mentioned was only about the first court case and he never said the same ignorant statement, or anything even close enough that it could be confused as being the same statement about the second court case (or rather, the judge). I posted my Googled results in that thread.

In all honesty, I really wish politicians would actually start requiring reporters, and opinion spouting show hosts, to show/play the actual statements by the person that they are asking their political guest or person being interviewed before the politician/guest makes any comments about what was supposedly said. Too often "reporters" and hacks think someone said something and misquote someone demanding that someone else either defend/condemn the misquoted politician. After a few hrs or days, what someone actually said 1) hardly gets reported 2) never gets corrected with the same level of coverage as the original misquote outrage nonsense 3) or is totally ignored while the same "reporter"/host/pundit begins conflating it with newly misquoted click-bait total BS. Demanding that they play the tape before giving an opinion on something that may not be what the host/"reporter" thought (or claimed to think) it was.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Please explain this - MikeC/TX on 6/19/17 6:33pm
 Give us a cite that the attackers were alt-right. n/m -  Stoli on 6/19/17 6:51pm
 Re: Please explain this - bagger on 6/20/17 5:32am
 Re: Ramadan Rage 2017: 1,385 Fatalities n/m - FGX/NJ on 6/20/17 5:37am
 While both you, and bagger might have some valid points ... - Moneyman/TX on 6/21/17 12:54pm
 Re: While both you, and bagger might have some valid points ... - MikeC/TX on 6/21/17 5:02pm
 Sorry Mike, if someone claims something in posts they should - Moneyman/TX on 6/22/17 6:09pm
 Re: While both you, and bagger might have some valid points ... - MikeC/TX on 6/21/17 5:55pm
 Susan used to do the same thing you just did, Mike :( - Moneyman/TX on 6/22/17 7:21pm
 Yet another RADICAL MUSLIM ATTACK - bagger on 6/21/17 1:28pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.