Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Will of the people be d@mned
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/21/16 4:51pm Msg #69023
"I think Trump has started a good Cabinet. Military and good businessmen."

Really? Some of those he nominated have zero experience in what they're nominated to do and are not really qualified; others are from the same elite groups he railed against when he promised to "drain the swamp" - he's not draining it, he's restocking it. Gingrich said in an interview today that Trump has given up on "drain the swamp" - he never liked the phrase and only used it because it got a reaction from the crowds at his rallies. He clearly doesn't intend to follow through - it was all theater.

Some of his nominees may have a hard time getting Senate approval, if they even make it out of committee. GOP has a slim majority in the Senate; unless they march in lock step, it will only take 3 GOP Senators to defeat a nominee.

"Get used to it. You have not seen anything yet."

You're right, I'm already seeing things I never thought I'd see - such as family members who are so clueless about ethics that they initially signed on to a pay-to-play scheme that would have given donors access to them and their father in return for large donations. The transition team went into damage control mode immediately, claiming the sons were never involved, but they were listed as directors on the paperwork forming the Foundation (their names have since been removed), they were listed as co-hosts of the event (that has been changed and they are supposedly not going to be in attendance), and in the initial documents promoting the event, the quid pro quo was you give us $500K or $1 Million, and you can go on a hunting trip with Donald Jr. and Eric AND be invited to an "intimate reception" with the the President (since changed to just a hunting trip and a reception with VIPs).

This was just days after one of them tried to auction off a coffee date with Ivanka for $50,000 - another attempt to sell access to the family that the transition team immediately shut down. I don't know if these two clowns are arrogant or just stupid, but I'm leaning towards arrogance. It's a good thing the transition team is not asleep at the wheel.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Will of the people be d@mned - MikeC/TX on 12/15/16 6:32pm
 Re: Will of the people be d@mned - Rick Ary on 12/20/16 6:48pm
 Re: Will of the people be d@mned - MikeC/TX on 12/21/16 4:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.