Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: expect the unexpected > must see TV
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/14/17 7:36pm Msg #69229
They're not reopening the case against Clinton - this has nothing to do with her email server and everything to do with the way the FBI mishandled the investigation. The IG is looking into what Comey did by publically announcing another investigation 11 days before the election, only to come back a week later and say, "Oops, my bad, there's no new information."

Did that affect the election? Not sure, but there were a number of undecided voters who decided based on those reports, as well as a fake news article released a couple of days before the election claiming that the Clinton Foundation paid for Chelsea's wedding (no reputable news source has found any evidence that it was true). All of this confusion adds up.

Keep in mind that Trump won the Electoral College vote thanks to less than a total of 80,000 votes in three states - WI, MI, and PA. It was a VERY close election, and those 80,000 votes could have easily swung the other way. Despite what hs team keeps trying to say, it was not a landslide and he has no mandate - his electoral vote count was actually near the bottom historically, and most Americans who bothered to vote this year didn't vote for him.

Did the FBI or the Russians interfere and swing the vote? We don't know; maybe now that the Senate has said they want to investigate this, we might get a better idea. Given their track record, I doubt that we will learn anything more, so your opinion at this point is just as valid as mine or that held by anyone else. I have no idea right now how this is all going to shake out,

We don't know what happened in the classified briefing yesterday, but the Democrats came out of it REALLY ngry and talking about a double standard. The only thing we know for sure is that Comey refused to confirm or deny whether the FBI was investigating potential Trump campaign connections to the Russians because"the FBI doesn't comment on ongoing investigations" - yet they did exactly that publically, twice, with Clinton. What's fair for one side is fair for the other, no?

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 New investigation into the emails... - Linda_H/FL on 1/12/17 4:13pm
 Re: New investigation into the emails... - MikeC/TX on 1/12/17 7:03pm
 From CNN: - Linda_H/FL on 1/12/17 7:56pm
 expect the unexpected > must see TV - Luckydog on 1/13/17 1:45pm
 Re: expect the unexpected > must see TV - MikeC/TX on 1/14/17 7:36pm
 Re: expect the unexpected > must see TV - Linda_H/FL on 1/15/17 9:11am
 Re: expect the unexpected > must see TV - MikeC/TX on 1/15/17 4:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.