Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Who IS NOT performing at Stumps Inauguration...
Posted by  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services of IL on 1/17/17 1:02pm Msg #69252
IS NOT....

ELTON JOHN

After a member of Mr. Trump’s transition team bragged that the British singer would make an appearance, a publicist for Mr. John issued an emphatic “no.” AKA HELL NOOOOO!

JENNIFER HOLLIDAY

When Ms. Holliday was announced as a singer for the Lincoln Memorial event, her spokesman said his client was not yet certain she would perform. In an interview on Friday, the Tony Award winner said she would show up, to sing “for the people.” But one day later, Ms. Holliday said she changed her mind after reading a critical Daily Beast story, and both pulled out of the event and apologized to her gay fans. Ms. Holliday is fresh off her role in “The Color Purple” on Broadway, where Hillary Clinton received multiple ovations from the crowd during last week’s final performance. She is best known for her portrayal of Effie White in the original 1981 production of “Dreamgirls.”

DAVID FOSTER

On Facebook, this record producer said that he was invited but that he declined. He has not responded to requests for comment.

ANDREA BOCELLI

This Italian tenor was rumored to be performing with Ms. Evancho, but he also quickly distanced himself from the festivities.

CHARLOTTE CHURCH

This Welsh singer said she was invited but declined. In an emoji-laden post on Twitter, Ms. Church called Mr. Trump a “tyrant.”

REBECCA FERGUSON

This British singer joined the chorus of people who said they were invited but declined. For a few days, Ms. Ferguson said that she would entertain the invitation if she could sing “Strange Fruit,” a protest song about racism and violence against black people, particularly in the American South.

MOBY

“I guess I’d D.J. at an inaugural ball if as payment #trump released his tax returns,” the American musician wrote on Instagram. He added that if he did accept his offer to perform, he would play “Public Enemy and Stockhausen remixes.”

ICE T

The rapper and current star of “Law & Order: SVU” wrote on Twitter that he was asked to perform: “I didn’t pick up and Blocked the number.”

My favorite of course is ICE T! LMFAO

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/arts/music/donald-trump-inauguration-performers.html?_r=0
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Who IS NOT performing at Stumps Inauguration... -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/17/17 1:02pm
 Re: ANDREA BOCELLI - Bear900/CA on 1/17/17 3:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.