Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/17/17 5:12pm Msg #70061
According to the lawyer representing Alex Jones of Infowars in a custody dispute with his ex-wife, Jones is a "performance artist", and the persona he presents on Infowars is not who he really is. It's all an act, the attorney says, comparing judging Jones based on how he appears on Infowars with judging Jack Nicholson based on his role as The Joker in Batman.

Either he actually believes the stuff he tells his devoted followers, as wacky as some of it is, or he doesn't. According to his attorney, he doesn't - it's all "performance art". He makes stuff up, gets all worked up, and his followers eat it up and swear it's true.

If you're an Alex Jones fan or an Infowars fan (and I know there are one or two here who are), his attorney pretty much confirmed that Jones has been playing you. What he has been doing is a real example of fake news, and you bought it. The question is whether you will continue to accept his "performance art" as legitimate news. Sadly, I think some still will.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain - MikeC/TX on 4/17/17 5:12pm
 FAKE NEWS?!! - CH2inCA on 4/17/17 5:47pm
 Re: FAKE NEWS?!! - MikeC/TX on 4/17/17 6:28pm
 Re: Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain - FGX/NJ on 4/18/17 7:00am
 Re: Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain - bagger on 4/18/17 8:31am
 Or maybe he can team up with the King of all Liars - aanotary on 4/18/17 11:19am
 Re: Or maybe he can team up with the King of all Liars - bagger on 4/18/17 12:56pm
 Re: Or maybe he can team up with the King of all Liars - MikeC/TX on 4/18/17 5:14pm
 or Larry Odonnell - bagger on 4/18/17 8:33am
 More from MSNBC - bagger on 4/18/17 8:36am
 Please remember this about ALL, and I do mean ALL Politician - bagger on 4/18/17 1:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.