Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Does Trump even know who the leader of N Korea is??
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/18/17 7:03pm Msg #70081
During an interview with a Fox News reporter on Monday, President Trump said the following about North Korea:

“I don’t want to telegraph what I’m doing or what I’m thinking,” Trump said. “I’m not like other administrations where they say we’re going to do this in four weeks. It doesn’t work that way. We’ll see what happens. I hope things work out well. I hope there’s going to be peace, but they’ve been talking with this gentleman for a long time.”

"This gentleman"? Kim Jong Un only became the leader of North Korea when his father, Kim Jung Il, died in 2011.

Trump continued:

“You read [Bill] Clinton’s book, and he said, ‘Oh, we made such a great peace deal,’ and it was a joke,” Trump said. “You look at different things over the years with President Obama. Everybody has been outplayed. They’ve all been outplayed by this gentleman, and we’ll see what happens. I just don’t telegraph my moves.”

Bill Clinton never dealt with "this gentleman" - he dealt with his father. Obama had to deal with both of them. Trump apparently has no idea that these are two different people, and that the son is crazier than the father was.

This is what you get when you elect a President who has no idea about foreign affairs and no idea about who the world leaders are, has no understanding of history and no clue about diplomacy. In his reptilian mind, Kim Jung Il and Kim Jung Un are both conflated into "this gentleman", who he can't even name - which is a little scary; If you're threatening to nuke a country, you ought to at least know the name of the guy in charge of it...

It's stuff like this that those of us opposed to Trump tried to warn you about, but you didn't listen. Can you hear me now?

Oh, and as far as "I just don’t telegraph my moves" is concerned - the Russians were alerted to the missile attack on Syria, and they alerted the Syrians. Maybe it was a text rather than a telegraph. If Trump's mouth is moving, he's probably lying...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Does Trump even know who the leader of N Korea is?? - MikeC/TX on 4/18/17 7:03pm
 No he doesn't know. Doesn't even know where N Korea is. - CH2inCA on 4/19/17 3:44pm
 Edit: monkey's should be monkeys or is that monkies? - CH2inCA on 4/19/17 4:18pm
 Re: Edit: monkey - MikeC/TX on 4/19/17 5:41pm
 Re: No he doesn - MikeC/TX on 4/19/17 5:40pm
 Re: No he doesn - FGX/NJ on 4/19/17 5:45pm
 Re: No he doesn - MikeC/TX on 4/20/17 3:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.