Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

More tone-deafness
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 5/3/17 8:05pm Msg #70157
GOP Congressman Mo Brooks from Alabama said in an interview with CNN that sick people don't deserve affordable healthcare, suggesting that healthy people are living a "good life" (and by extension, that sick people are not). He seems to believe that if you live what he calls a "good life", you will never have to deal with heart disease, lung disease, stroke, cancer, or any of a number of other chronic diseases millions of Americans deal with daily.

Tell that to the millions of people who are actually dealing with these things right now, Mo - explain to them how it's their fault they got sick. Explain to me how my son died from lupus because he wasn't living a "good life" at the age of 14. Explain to me how I and millions of others battling cancer are at fault because we didn't live this mystical "good life" you're promoting. I would ask you to explain the science behind this claim, but the GOP doesn't do science and you don't seem to have the intellect required....

I would not wish the bad things that have happened in my life on my worst enemy; I hope Mr. Brooks and his family never have to deal with the consequences of not living the "good life" he talks about. Chances are, that's not going to happen and at some point, he will be forced to eat his words. Karma can be a real b*tch at times.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 More tone-deafness - MikeC/TX on 5/3/17 8:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.