Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Pitiful Hillary compares herself to Wonder Woman
Posted by bagger of IL on 6/19/17 7:47am Msg #70449
Why Is Hillary Clinton Comparing Herself to Wonder Woman? (Reuters photo: Rick Wilking) SHARE ARTICLE ON FACEBOOKSHARE TWEET ARTICLETWEET PLUS ONE ARTICLE ON GOOGLE PLUS+1 PRINT ARTICLE ADJUST FONT SIZEAA by KATHERINE TIMPF June 16, 2017 6:03 PM @KATTIMPF Just what is Clinton supposedly fighting for and who is she saving? In a video earlier this week, Hillary Clinton seemed to compare herself, or at the very least her values, to Wonder Woman — and I’m just not sure what in the fresh hell she could possibly be talking about. “Something tells me that a movie about a strong, powerful woman fighting to save the world from a massive international disaster is right up my alley,” Hillary Clinton said in the 95-second video message at the Women in Film Los Angeles’ Crystal + Lucy Awards on Tuesday night in Beverly Hills. Now, Hillary Clinton certainly did have a pretty high opinion of herself and her abilities during her presidential campaign — “Why aren’t I 50 points ahead?!” — but I guess I’m just shocked to see that she’s maintained it after such a humiliating defeat. In all fairness, Clinton very well may not have written this herself, but even her bold delivery of it displays just such a substantial lack of self awareness. How is she a “strong, powerful woman?” And just what on earth is she “fighting” for? Who is she saving? Hell, I’ll even take it a step further: Who or what is she even trying to save, except for maybe her own face by blaming everyone but herself for her humiliating defeat? Hillary Clinton lost an election and now spends half her time trying to take down other people — including the DNC, which tried so hard to nurse her ailing campaign that it wound up catching some of the sickness itself — by blaming them for it, and the other half just hangin’ out in the damn woods. Is she planting a bunch of trees in the woods? Is that what this is about? She’s fighting for trees? I don’t understand. When I think about a hero, I generally think of someone who, at the very least, has a suggestion or two for how to make things better, and not someone who sits around whining about how unfair the past was. I mean, I’m no self-help expert, but I do follow enough Millennial women on Instagram to know that there’s not a single inspirational meme out there that suggests the way for a winning future is to moan and groan about your current circumstances. Sorry, but “strong” women don’t blame everyone but themselves for their failures. No, that’s a sign of weakness — needing a cop-out because you just can’t bear to face the pain that might come with critical self-examination, even though that critical self-examination is the only way you can learn how to do a better job of fighting for what you claim to care about in the future.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448723/hillary-clinton-wonder-woman-strong-powerful-saving-people
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Pitiful Hillary compares herself to Wonder Woman - bagger on 6/19/17 7:47am
 Re: Pitiful Hillary compares herself to Wonder Woman - Moneyman/TX on 6/21/17 1:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.