Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

<Insert Facepalm Image Here>
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 12/20/18 4:09am Msg #72216
Before I say what I really want to say in my reply, I have to point out that you mentioned, seemingly as a source of pride, that "NY doesn't even have a voter ID law" without even touching on the fact that NY also is not one of those horrible areas where the evils of "voter suppression" by way of limiting early voting is going on;
OH THAT'S RIGHT ** NY IS ONE OF THE STATES THAT DOES NOT EVEN ALLOW EARLY VOTING **
http://tinyurl.com/yd9jwnbg I didn't read article, linked for fact-checking purposes only

I apologize Mike, I must have missed your swj public outrage against NY for this form of "voter suppression" while I was reading your pride for NY not having any voter ID laws, which therefore, apparently, means NY is a state that does not fall under your definition of one practicing voter suppression?
(Honestly, I can't be the only one who noticed that, can I?)

Now on to my response to your reply, Mike.

Mike, we are still friends but if you can't see the inherent racism in believing that a person is too dumb to understand how the internet works, how to fill out a government form, or to pass a driving test in order to obtain an ID solely because of the color of their skin, then, respectfully, I don't think we can even have an intellectually honest discussion on this specific topic.

As I stated in the OP:
"... if one wants to debate the pros/cons of photo ID laws, there are actual real and logical arguments that could be debated that would help to bring back some civility to political/policy debates. Claiming that black people are "too ignorant of procedures", "too poor", or "ignorant of how the internet works", etc. is certainly NOT the way to bring back civility, or win any argument. "

<editorial note: I placed my comments about NY and early voting at the top of this reply only so it would not be lost at the bottom here. I commented on it even though my OP was not about early voting because it pointed out a similar lack of awareness as I was pointing out in specific arguments being used by some in the OP >
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 some(?) black Americans views on anti voter ID arguments - Moneyman/TX on 11/16/18 5:16am
 Re: some(?) black Americans views on anti voter ID arguments - MikeC/TX on 11/21/18 6:01pm
 <Insert Facepalm Image Here> - Moneyman/TX on 12/20/18 4:09am
 Re: <Insert Facepalm Image Here> - MikeC/TX on 12/20/18 6:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.