Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Still think voting/defending any single party makes sense ..
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/16/19 5:53pm Msg #72290
"(can't recall if the "s" has to be removed from tinyurl's links)"

Yeah, it does - for whatever reason, NR will not show an https link as a live link. Both links point to the exact same place, so removing the "s" is the only way to make the link clickable rather than cut and paste.

I agree 100% with what you said about not blindly voting for "a party", and I'm really glad that TX has now eliminated that option on the ballot. Not sure how many other states have that party line option on their ballots, but it never made sense to me. The purpose of voting is to select the candidate who supports your beliefs on the issues. This is why I am an independent voter - I don't align with any party, major or minor. Earn my vote by telling me your position on the issues that concern me. What party you belong to is unimportant.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Still think voting/defending any single party makes sense .. - Moneyman/TX on 1/15/19 9:39pm
 Re: Still think voting/defending any single party makes sense .. - MikeC/TX on 1/16/19 5:53pm
 Agree with you 100% n/m - Moneyman/TX on 1/17/19 7:21am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.