Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

GPS warning
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/1/17 7:09pm Msg #28066
Two news stories in the past week have underscored the need to not have blind faith in your GPS, especially in areas where it may be leading you off the beaten path.

In one, a woman driving from NJ to NC with her great-grandchild were stranded for several days after apparently having a problem with her GPS and driving a mile on a dirt road before getting stuck. The property owner saw the car a couple of days later and went to investigate.

http://tinyurl.com/zvhl727

In the other, a family got stuck near the Grand Canyon when their GPS guided them onto a road that was impassable. The mother, a triathlete, struck out alone to find help, leaving her husband and son behind. She walked for about 30 miles before she was found and rescued, suffering from exhaustion and severe frostbite; husband and son were rescued earlier. Her rescue came just hours before a major storm hit the area that would have made it almost impossible to find her.

http://tinyurl.com/gqsgbnf

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 GPS warning - MikeC/TX on 1/1/17 7:09pm
 Re: GPS warning -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/1/17 7:37pm
 TYVM, Mike, for posting. Helpful alert. Part of my 'process' -  Christine/OK on 1/2/17 7:56am
 Great reminder, Mike. I do know people who let their -  MW/VA on 1/2/17 11:45am
 Re: Great reminder, Mike. I do know people who let their - MikeC/TX on 1/2/17 7:03pm
 yep, almost did a Thelma and Louise last summer - notarydi/CA on 1/3/17 9:18am
 Re: GPS warning -  Doris_CO on 1/3/17 1:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.