Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Lift-off!
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/3/17 11:37am Msg #28406
"What about both recoveries? Did you get your car cover back?"

I did! I discovered it gone at 7am, and drove the direction the wind blows for some distance but didn't find it.

Figured somebody picked up but also what the hey, let's see if it somehow it went the opposite direction the wind normally blows. There it was around the corner and several homes down in front of a just vacated home and I was able to retrieve it. I can only imagine what it looked like blowing down the street!

It's not a cheap cover and has eyelets on each side to tie it down which I will do for now on.

I have a somewhat vintage Mercedes 260E that will be 30 years old next year and is in great condition for it's age, thus trying to protect it. It's always been a garage car but recent move has a smaller double-car garage.

I share the garage between another car and all my shop tools and equipment. I've been organizing it: 4x16 feet of pegboard (and it's full!), two ceiling ladder hangers, hose and cord hangers, foldable miter saw stand, racks around 2 walls, new storage shelves, 8 ft and 4 ft workbenches on casters so I can move them around, mechanic's tool box, and more. I have every bit of space used up and organized as much as possible but Mercedes had to go outside. Tough call...
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Lift-off! - Bear900/CA on 3/1/17 12:36pm
 Re: Lift-off! -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/2/17 7:37am
 Re: Lift-off! - MikeC/TX on 3/2/17 6:02pm
 Re: Lift-off! - Bear900/CA on 3/3/17 11:37am
 Bear, have you considered a TuffShed for your shop? n/m -  Yoli/CA on 3/3/17 3:02pm
 Re: Bear, have you considered a TuffShed for your shop? - Bear900/CA on 3/3/17 6:19pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.