Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Sous vide, anyone?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 3/5/17 7:36pm Msg #28428
It's not low-temp cooking like a crock pot, as I'm sure you'll realize as you do your research into this.

Look at it this way - a medium-rare steak is cooked to about 127-130 degrees. With normal cooking, you're guessing at whether it's medium-rare. Sous vide allows me to cook that steak to exactly that temperature and hold it there for several hours if necessary - it doesn't over or under cook, it's right at that temperature.

It's also why if you go to a high-end steak house and order a medium-rare steak, it's brought to your table in less than 10 minutes - they've cooked it earlier sous vide, and just need a couple of minutes to sear it and give it some grill marks.

Commercial sous vide ovens cost thousands of dollars; it's only in the past few years where it has become affordable for the home user. And trust me - once you try it, you will be hooked...
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Sous vide, anyone? - MikeC/TX on 3/4/17 11:03pm
 Sous-vide => French for under vacuum -  Christine/OK on 3/5/17 7:42am
 Anova sous vide - anotaryinva on 3/5/17 12:19pm
 Re: Anova sous vide - MikeC/TX on 3/5/17 3:58pm
 Re: Anova sous vide - anotaryinva on 3/5/17 5:07pm
 Re: Anova sous vide - MikeC/TX on 3/5/17 7:19pm
 Re: Sous vide, anyone? - Bear900/CA on 3/5/17 6:40pm
 Re: Sous vide, anyone? - MikeC/TX on 3/5/17 7:36pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.