Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Romeo, well, he's on quite a journey.
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 6/29/17 7:45am Msg #28897
He ate half a bottle of his pain killers yesterday morning around 3am and when I woke to find the plastic child proof bottle completely shredded and all the pill pockets gone, I rounded him up to take him in to have his stomach pumped. Picked him up last night and he had more pigs ears and doggie food, then passed out. Still sleeping. I need to take him in today for a blood panel to make sure no liver damage occurred, check out his blood count. This has been quite a journey, all the while trying to keep up with my rigorous end of month signing demands.

The pills were high up, he hadn't touched them for a week, then decided he's do then all at once on his own. He's a smart dog, but this was a disaster. Clearly he is feeling much better, still asleep on his bed. Later we'll hit the spa, just a couple signings this afternoon.

Oh, Romeo, I hope you're past all this nonsense, so we can get busy with more training. I went to the estate yesterday where I will be capturing the peacocks and saw how the folks had made provisions for them on their property. They have a huge pine tree where the birds roost and on the ground there are panels of mirrors where they like to careen and look at themselves, as they are proud of their beautiful feathers (that's the guys), the female peacocks do not have the beautiful fans. This should be interesting.
n
Can't believe it's the Fourth of July already. And it's split up with a Monday in the middle. Looonnggg weekend for a lot of vacationers and weekend escapees. The coast is a popular place for the central valley and all the RV, sand dune buggies, etc. Already hearing warnings about safety, sun burns, and snake bites in the wild.

Romeo and I are staying close to the ground here, getting some good rest and eating a lot of good, healthy food. Except for a trip to the vet this morning for a followup visit.

Hope you all have a safe holiday weekend and enjoy the opportunity to celebrate this great country and what the 4th of July, Independence Day, really means for all of us.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Romeo, Romeo, Romeo, where are thou? -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/27/17 7:54am
 peacocks...... - notarydi/CA on 6/27/17 9:11am
 Re: peacocks......I grew up with them -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/27/17 9:40am
 Re: peacocks......I grew up with them - Luckydog on 6/27/17 8:38pm
 Been doing my homework -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/27/17 10:48pm
 Re: Been doing my homework -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/27/17 10:54pm
 Rattlesnakes -  Yoli/CA on 6/28/17 2:45pm
 Sorry to hear Romeo got injuried. When I was first married -  MW/VA on 6/28/17 10:42am
 He was chasing a deer, along with another neighbor dog... -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/29/17 7:49am
 Romeo, well, he's on quite a journey. -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/29/17 7:45am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.