Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I've been eating like a Pig! ...and losing wieght...
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/22/18 10:52am Msg #30119
"Oh no, is he going to tell us about another way to lose weight?"

No, sit down pork chop boy. Grab yourself a bowl of buttered popcorn and I'll tell you what *happened* to me though. Then you'll get bored and can leave. Fact is, I don't know how to diet.

Here's what happened though...I think.

For a long time, seems like the only time we ate red meat was when I grilled it or when we went out. My wife based most of her meals mainly off chicken fixed in a variety of ways like a lot of people do. Then she started adding ground chicken and ground turkey, you know like turkey meatballs? Couldn't tell the difference and didn't care really. So long as it tasted good.

We planted a year round garden two years ago, with a variety of green leafy vegetables, some we didn't like or know what to do with...collards? okay... But over that time we got used to having organic greens, peppers and tomatoes year round. Have one year old plants still alive or regenerating new growth. So that happened.

We also like Trader Joes, which can sometimes be cheaper than a supermarket, so have always been somewhat conscious of labels but didn't live by them. Being real here.

Somehow...looking forward to a knee replacement next month, and knowing I should shed a few pounds, also Dr recommended, I became more conscious about what I really like to eat, but just make it low calorie. Wow, that was hard! Not!

For instance, I love spaghetti and marinara sauce. Found organic spaghetti and very tasty low-cal marinara sauce at Trader's and love having that for LUNCH, about three times a week. That's just crazy! But it's 500 calories or less, and that includes a fresh salad. Ah...yeah I discovered how to count calories. New thing, but don't practice it daily. Just kinda rolls around and pops into my head now and again.

Kashi ice cream and cereal. Cashew milk. Whoa man! I mean really good stuff. Very few calories. Berry and Greek yogurt smoothies. I'm eating like a pig! Somehow the ground chicken and turkey got squeezed out without really thinking about it, and when we go out we like to go to the Natural Café (vegan) and run into a lot of our friends there too. Drinking coffee black. Could never do that. But it became a challenge, almost a competition me and my Keurig. but most importantly, large quantities of good tasting foods that I knew aforetime have fewer calories. Who cares!

Had a big turkey dinner last Sunday at some friends house. It was like crack! Addictive...until I got a slight stomach ache. Next day I had gained no weight.

So anyway, that's what *happened* to me without knowing I was now in a ditch. ...and my wife who suffers from gerd but now has far fewer bouts with it.

Having salmon tonight! Quinoa or brown rice and spinach salad on the side. Million dollar dinner at a restaurant right? And we all rave about how good it is and pay big bucks! I eat vegan tacos, tamales (Natural Café) all the normally bad stuff and include blue chips and salsa. Can't tell the difference.

So that's what happened. It's not a diet. Well, everything we eat is some sort of diet, but it's food we just wondered off to having on a regular basis. I hate the term 'life-change' about types of food to eat. But I somehow found myself in...I hate the sound of it...mostly a part-time vegan world.

Yikes! Eating like a pig. Large Kashi brand low calorie oatmeal chocolate chip cookie almost every night. Lost 12 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I think another 6 pounds will disappear by surgery... so long as I keep eating like a pig!

Gotta go cook my lunch...spaghetti! Love that stuff...

Man-o-man, was never able to eat this much without being screamed at. By my knees that is...
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 I've been eating like a Pig! ...and losing wieght... - Bear900/CA on 3/22/18 10:52am
 Look at you! Getting in shape and shedding - NVLSlady/VA on 3/22/18 12:52pm
 In case Ms. Shaw is reading... - NVLSlady/VA on 3/22/18 1:00pm
 Re: Look at you! Getting in shape and shedding - Bear900/CA on 3/22/18 3:37pm
 Marinara Sauce -  janCA on 4/3/18 9:00am
 Re: Marinara Sauce- make your own. - NVLSlady/VA on 4/3/18 11:19am
 Re: Marinara Sauce - Bear900/CA on 4/4/18 6:48pm
 Re: Pesto Sauce - Bear900/CA on 4/6/18 12:27am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.